Camo talk

LiamOT21

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

20 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I could be very tempted by the Swedish M90 camo... it's unusual, it appeals to the "graphic design" part of my brain (it even gets a nostalgia hit for my Art History studies, when I discovered Vorticism)

image.png.275b5e87c3213ede380a4b8e478c19f9.png

I think it'd do the same job as DPM, but also get some Safe Zone cred just for being rare (if you care about that sort of thing).   The problem is it's a little bit pricier of course...

I have to say this stuff is interesting, 

Back in the day I played in the European Paintball championships, an we turned up as a new team in Swedish Camo and a lot of the teams laughed at us.

Until they played against us and could not see us. One team even changes the colour of their Eye Pro lenses to see if it worked.

This was in Hook Wood in the summer 😁😁

Paul

57 minutes ago, 2MT Paul said:

I have to say this stuff is interesting, 

Back in the day I played in the European Paintball championships, an we turned up as a new team in Swedish Camo and a lot of the teams laughed at us.

Until they played against us and could not see us. One team even changes the colour of their Eye Pro lenses to see if it worked.

This was in Hook Wood in the summer 😁😁

Paul

Aye, it would get strange looks on the Sup-Air field!! 

I've done the MTP thing to death, purely because I had loads kicking around, same for multicam.

Now multicam tropic is a favourite, along with M81 woodland. I also have a set of MARPAT woodland which works well here as it's darker, but next weekend I'm debuting the tigerstripe trousers with a black multicam top. 

Tadpole sparse tiger stripes for me.

Desert tiger stripe if I'm feeling fashionable. 

Good old DPM if the weather is shite. Faded DPM is like an invisibility cloak when compared to fresh DPM. 

Done MTP because I had a fair amount of it sitting around, not a fan though. 
I’m a fan of woodland DPM and M81, but find they’re a bit too dark for British forests etc - apart for sometimes in the winter. 
However after the other weekend at Reforger it looks like we’ll be picking Flecktarn tops for the team camo. 

• Supporters

Wear what ever pattern you want just pay attention to where you are (don’t just stop in the wide open for instance)keep still when you don’t need to be moving around and only move when you ACTUALLY need too be moving and I guarantee you’ll be like the ‘Predator’ to 90% of the players on the field , totally invisible ! In any cover movement is your enemy and even the smallest of movements will give you away no matter how good you think your camo is , as is SO aptly demonstrated by pretty much every ‘sniper’ you’ll see in a full on Wookiee suit on game days , just because your wearing a guille suit does not mean you've discovered Harry Potter’s cloak of invisibility ! if you go charging around the site you will be seen ! 🤦‍♂️

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.