Good Grief

#blackadder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It gets me how someone who was 70% probablility not there still managed to become the biggest news out of NAF this year.

What about my mate who had his MWS stolen from Bravo FOB? Nope, the chairsofters would rather discuss a game they've rarely if ever played and someone they've never and won't meet.

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

What about my mate who had his MWS stolen from Bravo FOB? Nope, the chairsofters would rather discuss a game they've rarely if ever played and someone they've never and won't meet.

Might help if you’d made a post to let everyone know this fact and then maybe we would talk about it. 

16 hours ago, truckinthumper said:

In the end, they are doing what makes them happy. 

Phew!  That finally gives me an excuse to like the Nazis!

2 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Phew!  That finally gives me an excuse to like the Nazis!

You can hate Nazi ideology and the fact that they are accountable for so much loss of life while retaining that you like things about them, they committed atrocities bu nobody can deny that they did it in style.

Hugo Boss uniforms and quality kit, Tigers and Panthers, Stg 44's, Mp40's, MG 44's, P-38's the list could go on a long time especially if you include their prototypes and theories such as tornado guns, helicopters, avenger style flying fortress's and advanced rocketry even architecture.

I don't like the deletion of history, it stands better as a valuable lesson than it does a taboo that shan't be discussed, I think Germans should be allowed to take pride in some of the feats of the Nazis while retaining the shame of the ideology and atrocities.

I'm proud of our men and our country for many daring feats against the Nazis an often formidable foe who seemed unbeatable yet they stood up anyway as heroes but I'll still retain some shame for atrocities such as Dresden.

35 minutes ago, Tackle said:

😜

images (26).jpg

Apologies.

To me though it kinda is on topic, at least for some of my stance throughout ie the ability to give credit to some aspects of someone that one dislikes as oppose to allowing the things one dislikes to form ones entire opinion.

Let's all try that as a group therapy session, list one reason you dislike KM and try your hardest to list one thing you possibly like but hate to admit 😂 also only use what you saw with your eyes on your negative point ie in his vids and such.

I'll start, I dislike his 0-100 anger (although somewhat entertaining).

I liked when he was in France and clambered up some rocky/slate hillside and seemingly disappeared while 15 or so enemy units walked straight past him!

6 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I'd be more surprised if a thread did stay on topic 

Sorry, byt the Tiger has to be the most overrated tanks of ww2. Yes it was well armed and had decent armour, but the Maybach engine was underpowered, unreliable and over engineered. This meant it was slow and drank fuel like it was going out of fashion. All this meant that the tanks at the front were reliant on long complicated supply train where advances were limited due to fuel issues and tanks needing repairs to be taken all the way back to Germany. Also there's the sheer weight of the vehicle. At 50 tonnes many bridges were simply unable to hold that weight. Another problem with the Tiger is the production cost. A single Tiger cost the same as 2 panzer 4s or 4 Stug 3s

Good to know, knowledge appreciated! Doesn't dismiss the whole point though right, meaning you get my drift?

I hope you wouldn't allow your general distaste for my opinion on some subjects to motivate you to nitpick any one point of any paragraph I write totally disregarding the whole statement and I offer my hand in order to dissolve any potential lingering animosity 🤝

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Steveocee said:

What about my mate who had his MWS stolen from Bravo FOB?

Sorry to hear that.

Now that we've heard about it, I'd be happy to discuss it, even though it's OT for a thread specifically about Licking Mustard.

Did NAF offer any help trying to find and recover it?

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Tell that to my missing tooth 😂

Agree, while I've had no issues myself, I have seen at least 2 players get front teeth smashed by bb's while playing, one of whom I knew personally & next time I saw him I think he mentioned £600 to get it put right. 

Double ouch😭

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tackle said:

Agree, while I've had no issues myself, I have seen at least 2 players get front teeth smashed by bb's while playing, one of whom I knew personally & next time I saw him I think he mentioned £600 to get it put right. 

Double ouch😭

I counted 3 during my time, one rando and 2 battle buddies.

Never got me to wear face pro, although i did tend to be concientious about keeping me gob shut if i was ever getting close to folk. To be clear that isnt because i'm some kinda tough guy, it's because i hated being both uncomfortable and blind when wearing it and i aint a fan of mesh.

This is one of the reasons unnessecary headshots are a dick move, yes yes those of us who choose not to wear face pro do have to accept the risks involved, but that doesn't mean it's ok to intentionally increase that chance just for the sake of some bullshit sense of leetness.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I counted 3 during my time, one rando and 2 battle buddies.

Never got me to wear face pro, although i did tend to be concientious about keeping me gob shut if i was ever getting close to folk. To be clear that isnt because i'm some kinda tough guy, it's because i hated being both uncomfortable and blind when wearing it and i aint a fan of mesh.

This is one of the reasons unnessecary headshots are a dick move, yes yes those of us who choose not to wear face pro do have to accept the risks involved, but that doesn't mean it's ok to intentionally increase that chance just for the sake of some bullshit sense of leetness.

I've lost one of my bottom front teeth, was at a CQB site in the open area. Guy came round the corner with his gun up way to high. We were about 5m from each other and blasted my tooth into nothingness. Yes, I could have been wearing lower face protection and it was my own fault for not having packed it that day but there is also an onus on every player to be aware of where and what you are shooting. Did I lose my rag at the guy, yes. Should I of, maybe not. I don't have a problem with head shots when they are justified but like you say to do them purely for clickbait and internet drama crosses the line into being a sadist. To publicly post it to a community that has a hell of a lot of new players sends completely the wrong message about a sport supposedly based on honor. Other media outlets also have a lot to answer for when they advertise the sport based purely off the above mentioned clickbait and drama.

Edited by clumpyedge

3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

To publicly post it to a community that has a hell of a lot of new players sends completely the wrong message about a sport supposedly based on honor. Other media outlets also have a lot to answer for when they advertise the sport based purely off the above mentioned clickbait and drama.

Problem is the clickbait and drama provides these people with an income, so gets worse/more extreme until we get to where we are today. Then new players wanting to see what they're letting themselves in for can be either put off or encouraged (depending on their disposition) which could lead to more of this bellendery and less new players that you actually want to share a field with.

At least if new players find their way here they'll get a (relatively) sensible view of what actually happens on a game day.

It's not just our sport though, my mate's boy rides an MTB like a youtuber thinking it's cool - no, it's slower and you're wrecking the trails for everyone else.

2 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Problem is the clickbait and drama provides these people with an income, so gets worse/more extreme until we get to where we are today. Then new players wanting to see what they're letting themselves in for can be either put off or encouraged (depending on their disposition) which could lead to more of this bellendery and less new players that you actually want to share a field with.

At least if new players find their way here they'll get a (relatively) sensible view of what actually happens on a game day.

It's not just our sport though, my mate's boy rides an MTB like a youtuber thinking it's cool - no, it's slower and you're wrecking the trails for everyone else.

Fair points. It does however leave me thankful that the events I go typically aren't frequented by him or his entourage and funnily enough the vast majority of the time have little to no drama ever.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

KM is to airsoft what The Sun is to journalism.

We don't read The Sun for the same reason that we don't eat from the toilet bowl. 

KM should receive the same disdain.  

To be honest, I occasionally buy the sun, but in my defence its because my elderly demented mum in law likes the TV mag, the rest goes in the budgie cage🐦 to be shat on. 

If only we could find a similar use for KM🤣

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

To be honest, I occasionally buy the sun, but in my defence its because my elderly demented mum in law likes the TV mag, the rest goes in the budgie cage🐦 to be shat on. 

If only we could find a similar use for KM🤣

He's probably into that sort of thing 

bqeoeax4igm91.jpg

Post has been deleted now but I think you could say the guy has gone off the rails if he's offering bounties for people to doxx his "haters". 

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from him, not that I'd expect anything but this type of behaviour from the type of man who brings his "haters" family members and loved ones into an argument over him purposefully causing pain/injuries for content.

On 04/08/2022 at 16:34, #blackadder said:

gt0skhdem4f91.png

Some guy apparently (heard convo between marshals) that someone sent a 4 page rant about how KM was at NAF22 and they weren't happy.

It was rumored that Aircam man was at NAF22 but only a rumor, usually he and KM, the two go hand in hand frollicking between the trees of airsoft sites. 

Will have to see what footage appears online, if any.

1 hour ago, AirSniper said:

the two go hand in hand frollicking between the trees of airsoft sites. 

Camman seems alright, at least he's never done anything egregious on camera. I think it's more a symptom of the airsoft-youtubersphere. KM is one of the most watched channels so it makes business sense to be on freindly terms with him. Same reason every youtuber has a video on a new novritsch gun when it comes out. 

Also if that 4 page rant is the one from zero in forums, that poster is as unhinged as KM. 

Edited by Badgerlicious

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

Also if that 4 page rant is the one from zero in forums, that poster is as unhinged as KM.

This chap?  On information and belief, I understand that he may be more of a "Mid Century History Enthusiast" than Mustard.

It's fun to watch these things kick off from a safe distance, but you don't want to get within splattering distance when anyone is crapping in their hands and throwing it.

32 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

On information and belief, I understand that he may be more of a "Mid Century History Enthusiast" than Mustard.

imageedit_16_4287859660.jpg.a6a546d3317afccb854676e45c4e6069.jpg

We know the type...

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

We know the type...

We do indeed.  "Traditional European neo-pagans", or whatever they're calling themselves this season.  In the News section, there was a chap who got done for taking the Mid Century History a little too seriously, and the villain claimed that he'd bought all the historical paraphernalia for his airsoft team.  Yuk.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.