Good Grief

#blackadder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, BigBell1987 said:

I'm sure if you did watch it you would still form the same opinion however not having watched how does one come to form an opinion of their own?

I posted that I don't watch his videos, not that I've never seen one. 

4 hours ago, BigBell1987 said:

I see others not taking their hits and willing to take five or six more before they acknowledge them

That's because its taken him that many shots to actually hit them. Often you can see the bb floating off nowhere near the target, he adds the hit markers and bitches about "cheaters" for the clicks

On 19/08/2022 at 09:56, Cannonfodder said:

Why's that? If the site allow or encourage his type of bullshit then it sounds like one to avoid

A couple of their marshalls are spot on, a couple are utterly useless at dealing with fuckery. There is a decent amount of dickheads who refuse to call hits. I've been a few times and if you get the good marshalls, it can be a good day out. 

For some reason one of his videos labelled ‘most terrifying airsoft injury’ popped up on my fb feed once. 

had to have a watch.

he basically puts his foot down a hole and rips his trousers 🤣

I guess I was hoping for open compound fractures or bunji pit impalement. 

On 04/08/2022 at 22:24, Tackle said:

Similar incident occurred at rype village, fibua training area at Lydd camp, for years it mirrored your average Belfast terraces, then it kicked off in the sandpit, to which the mod's concerted effort to ensure realism, was to mock up a mosque/minaret with a few large drainage pipes etc, hardly convincing but sure enough some pictures got out (not sure if it was during an airsoft event ?), made it in to the press, who obviously wouldn't want to make anything of it 🤣, & a shitstorm ensued. 

As a result, absolutely no filming or still photography on site EVER AGAIN🤬

I played a legion event of all things at lydd training area back in 2017.

only went because of the site, 

Somehow the mod cocked up and didn’t realise legion were a commercial airsoft co or something so it was subsequently closed to airsofters immediately after the event 🤣 

I remember seeing half of THG there wandering around like a lost sheep. 

was a great area.

Always nice to play new sites you’re not familiar with!

1 hour ago, Randymanpipe said:

I played a legion event of all things at lydd training area back in 2017.

only went because of the site, 

Somehow the mod cocked up and didn’t realise legion were a commercial airsoft co or something so it was subsequently closed to airsofters immediately after the event 🤣 

I remember seeing half of THG there wandering around like a lost sheep.

Yeah I was at the game as well, the base commander supposedly threw the book at landmark or whatever they are called that do the leasing of MOD sites. People were specifically told that video etc was prohibited, as usual the band of social media whores like mattthemusketeer completely ignored that then the ban hammer by the MOD came down pretty swiftly (wasn't just the video that bought that on as the sight should never have been let out but the videos didn't help matters)

I was having a mindless scroll last night and noticed two videos come up as sponsored, was intrigued out of sheer boredom what the spunktrumpet is up to currently and to no surprise first video was at Phoenix where he decided that its a "headshot only game" cue taking numerous shots at people who he had full view of (or so the perspective shows) and takes multiple head shots as per his own twisted "mission" for the game.

Second one irked me the most as it involved someone who clearly English isn't their first language, doesn't take much listening to assess that ol'donkey punch is making the most of this for his video (regardless of the guy implying he will be taking licking cumstain to court) - the comments on the video are absolutely shocking, numerous people ripping the shit out of the poor guy which in my opinion boils down to downright racism in some instances.

While I don't mind the fact that various platforms show Airsoft in a good light and bring new and interesting people to the hobby, this type of shit just makes me want to play less than I already do. Yes you can argue you'll find arseholes in every sport but as a community we should be doing more to shut this sort of shit down.

Edited by clumpyedge

spunktrumpet” 🤣🤣

While I don't mind the fact that various platforms show Airsoft in a good light and bring new and interesting people to the hobby, this type of shit just makes me want to play less than I already do. Yes you can argue you'll find arseholes in every sport but as a community we should be doing more to shut this sort of shit down.”

tbh the team of guys I play with have luckily become associated with another large like minded group of players who are eastern  gear enthusiasts so we get 1 or two private games organised every year, we play as nato them as eastern forces. 

You absolutely clear the diary for these events because you know every person on that field as a friend and they play the game in the same spirit. 

no cheating, aggro, hassle etc. 

the rest of the time we have to put of with playing open ticket events where you are literally at the mercy of what knobbers turn up. 

it’s a shame but that seems to be the way it is now. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Randymanpipe said:

For some reason one of his videos labelled ‘most terrifying airsoft injury’ popped up on my fb feed once. 

had to have a watch

<Tommy-Lee-Jones-disapproving-stare.png>

If you want a quick dopamine hit, you can report his videos - unwatched - as harmful / dangerous / hurtyfeels conduct.

Hit a post limit for the day yesterday so couldn't respond, couldn't find a thread discussing post limits, anyone know how many posts per day and does it change based on forum rank? Thanks.

17 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

Definition of a "firearm" pertaining to Airsoft https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/57A . Its all hearsay to me but from what I have read KM has shot someone multiple times with the definition of firearm according to the above legislation. I don't think we can legally play "hardball" as I said "I don't think you can consent to being shot with a firearm". 

Hearsay to most of not all of the mob I reckon.

When I say a hardcore version I don't necessarily mean change the power I just mean this field is for people who don't care where they get shot and take responsibility for their face/head protection. I see how you came to that considering the allegations include this firearm stuff, the problem is the number of allegations makes my post seem like I condone them all, I'm not advocating for or condoning those I'm simply saying could there not be a clear distinction between sights which allow headshots from particular ranges with particular weapons and fire rates and ones which don't whatsoever so you can all avoid each other and enjoy the game how you like to play it.

16 hours ago, spamofthejungle said:

I don't post often, but I've been lured out of hiding to say; BigBell, are you really sure you want Airsoft to be any more hardcore? Given that you wear lower face, that kind of suggests it's a bit too hardcore for you as it is.

I'd apologise for luring you from your hide however since I never stipulated which category I'd personally choose to play in or whether my reasons for a mask are purely cosmetic or safety or perhaps even medical it would seem you had a wasted journey of which I am not responsible. Perhaps your stirring can best be blamed on the psychology of mob rule in which safety in numbers inspires otherwise cowardly children to join a lynch mob.

I'm surprised you bothered to be honest, my original comment of making a rod for my own back was somewhat being proven wrong when every response was non personal and based on sharing knowledge and perspective about why they disagree with me until you surfaced.

Also find it odd that a comment mocking/belittling the wearing of face protection is recieving likes from people who argue responsible/safe gaming and how the sport is perceived by people outside the community such as parents of would be hobbyists being their motive behind disliking KM in the first place, perhaps some people are just hiding general dislike or jealousy behind virtuousness in order to get what they want or rid of who they don't want.

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

You see him adding hit markers.  Much of the time, you can see his BBs curving off into the distance as he snarls and swears about cheaters.  

I also follow the BBS and not the hit markers and yet come to a different opinion. Granted I see some questionable ones but that's the case with every channel I've seen. Plenty of the cheater calls acknowledge their hits on a reaction level but just don't call it, some genuinely don't feel them which calls into question the whole power allegations and others as you say aren't hits in the first place.

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

There are, since every site has different attitudes to marshalling, chronoing[*], head shots, power-play, overkill and such.

It's only an issue if sites aren't honest about what to expect, or when Phoenix attitudes are taken to other sites.

Ok so this is basically what I've been trying to get at with the whole hardcore mode thing, perhaps instead of destroying individuals those with clout in this community could organise some sort of council of field operators whereby they clearly distinguish which type of field they are and why, make that information very bold on all forms of advertising and in briefs etc so that people only end up playing at sites they are comfortable with like-minded players, also if a term can be devised which clearly distinguishes between regular Airsoft and the harder version then the KM style players can be insisted upon to not label their videos Airsoft so as to not tarnish your version.

14 hours ago, Tackle said:

welcome mate

Cheers, appreciated!!!

14 hours ago, Tackle said:

Everyone's a winner surely🤔

Sorry I didn't quote the whole comment as I realise it basically already disputes my response to rogerborg above in this post and it's your opinion which I've not said anything likely to change so I'll simply quote this bit and say no everyone's not a winner because those who differ in your opinion wouldn't be happy as is the problem in the whole world in any subject, everyone's different and want different things. One might argue that boxing should suffice as a combat sport and is the best method of safely beating each other up and these people spoke out against the rise in MMA but those in MMA were willing to take on more risk for their own reasons and now the sport is enjoyed throughout the world, still a combat sport but clearly defined as not boxing, maybe that's a reach but I think you get my gist.

14 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I posted that I don't watch his videos, not that I've never seen one. 

Someone who only saw Amber Heards makeup skills and nothing else was likely seated in her corner being oblivious to the full picture, there's plenty of good conduct in his videos if one bothers to shed their pre-conditioned attitude and watch a fair portion from a neutral perspective.

14 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's because its taken him that many shots to actually hit them. Often you can see the bb floating off nowhere near the target, he adds the hit markers and bitches about "cheaters" for the clicks

As mentioned above, following the BB works both ways and I do, as I said there's the odd questionable one but more often than not the BB hits and the players body language shows a natural response to a hit without calling it which also brings into question the hot gun allegations since they so willing to take more. Again it seems like there's a hymn sheet being shared around and people just sing from it to stay in good standing in their own church.

4 hours ago, Randymanpipe said:

had to have a watch.

he basically puts his foot down a hole and rips his trousers 🤣

I guess I was hoping for open compound fractures or bunji pit impalement. 

He had a 3 to 4 inch gash on his leg and it looked pretty deep, you distort the truth sir and it discredits your integrity, also this terrible man everyone loves to hate insisted that the Marshalls deal with the broken grate before they deal with his wound in the interest of the safety of other players.

I guess these hymn sheets don't contain words and are merely a collection of bleets and baahs, I hope those who sing from it at least feel a sense of belonging for a while until they themselves make a mistake making them ready for the slaughter.

I shouldn't of piped up in the first place, I had hoped my suspicions would be proven wrong and in some cases I was surprised they were however the undertone is clear and I shall (depending on responses) do my best to move on from this thread allowing the mass to continue undisturbed by a non compliant opinion.

Good day and peace one and all!

52 minutes ago, BigBell1987 said:

When I say a hardcore version I don't necessarily mean change the power I just mean this field is for people who don't care where they get shot and take responsibility for their face/head protection. I see how you came to that considering the allegations include this firearm stuff, the problem is the number of allegations makes my post seem like I condone them all, I'm not advocating for or condoning those I'm simply saying could there not be a clear distinction between sights which allow headshots from particular ranges with particular weapons and fire rates and ones which don't whatsoever so you can all avoid each other and enjoy the game how you like to play it.

Appreciate you're stepping away from the thread but just to cherry pick this suggestion:  I hear what you suggesting but...

1)  I don't think the player-base, nor the availability of site (and game days) is big enough to support fracturing it to that extent... 

2) Where all the guns are obeying UK site limits the number of actual injuries seem to be pretty low.  In my (limited) experience I've seen a couple of drops of blood from shots hitting bony bits of the face, and of course hits in the mouth... but otherwise I wouldn't see any need to make a 'I can take the pain' game, because about the only thing that could involve is removing the MED rules (and snipers are supposed to be all about the 80m+ kills, aren't they?  They shouldn't be worried unduly by minimum 30m rule - it's a good excuse to buy an MP5k or a P90 ;))
Even the little kids running around with their parents at my site seem ok with yelling "ow" when they get hit, but they get on with it.
So as long as the gun isn't *illegally* powerful, it should be fine.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, BigBell1987 said:

Hit a post limit for the day yesterday so couldn't respond, couldn't find a thread discussing post limits, anyone know how many posts per day and does it change based on forum rank? Thanks.

Hearsay to most of not all of the mob I reckon.

I'd apologise for luring you from your hide however since I never stipulated which category I'd personally choose to play in or whether my reasons for a mask are purely cosmetic or safety or perhaps even medical it would seem you had a wasted journey of which I am not responsible. Perhaps your stirring can best be blamed on the psychology of mob rule in which safety in numbers inspires otherwise cowardly children to join a lynch mob.

I'm surprised you bothered to be honest, my original comment of making a rod for my own back was somewhat being proven wrong when every response was non personal and based on sharing knowledge and perspective about why they disagree with me until you surfaced.

Also find it odd that a comment mocking/belittling the wearing of face protection is recieving likes from people who argue responsible/safe gaming and how the sport is perceived by people outside the community such as parents of would be hobbyists being their motive behind disliking KM in the first place, perhaps some people are just hiding general dislike or jealousy behind virtuousness in order to get what they want or rid of who they don't want.

I also follow the BBS and not the hit markers and yet come to a different opinion. Granted I see some questionable ones but that's the case with every channel I've seen. Plenty of the cheater calls acknowledge their hits on a reaction level but just don't call it, some genuinely don't feel them which calls into question the whole power allegations and others as you say aren't hits in the first place.

Ok so this is basically what I've been trying to get at with the whole hardcore mode thing, perhaps instead of destroying individuals those with clout in this community could organise some sort of council of field operators whereby they clearly distinguish which type of field they are and why, make that information very bold on all forms of advertising and in briefs etc so that people only end up playing at sites they are comfortable with like-minded players, also if a term can be devised which clearly distinguishes between regular Airsoft and the harder version then the KM style players can be insisted upon to not label their videos Airsoft so as to not tarnish your version.

Cheers, appreciated!!!

Sorry I didn't quote the whole comment as I realise it basically already disputes my response to rogerborg above in this post and it's your opinion which I've not said anything likely to change so I'll simply quote this bit and say no everyone's not a winner because those who differ in your opinion wouldn't be happy as is the problem in the whole world in any subject, everyone's different and want different things. One might argue that boxing should suffice as a combat sport and is the best method of safely beating each other up and these people spoke out against the rise in MMA but those in MMA were willing to take on more risk for their own reasons and now the sport is enjoyed throughout the world, still a combat sport but clearly defined as not boxing, maybe that's a reach but I think you get my gist.

Someone who only saw Amber Heards makeup skills and nothing else was likely seated in her corner being oblivious to the full picture, there's plenty of good conduct in his videos if one bothers to shed their pre-conditioned attitude and watch a fair portion from a neutral perspective.

As mentioned above, following the BB works both ways and I do, as I said there's the odd questionable one but more often than not the BB hits and the players body language shows a natural response to a hit without calling it which also brings into question the hot gun allegations since they so willing to take more. Again it seems like there's a hymn sheet being shared around and people just sing from it to stay in good standing in their own church.

He had a 3 to 4 inch gash on his leg and it looked pretty deep, you distort the truth sir and it discredits your integrity, also this terrible man everyone loves to hate insisted that the Marshalls deal with the broken grate before they deal with his wound in the interest of the safety of other players.

I guess these hymn sheets don't contain words and are merely a collection of bleets and baahs, I hope those who sing from it at least feel a sense of belonging for a while until they themselves make a mistake making them ready for the slaughter.

I shouldn't of piped up in the first place, I had hoped my suspicions would be proven wrong and in some cases I was surprised they were however the undertone is clear and I shall (depending on responses) do my best to move on from this thread allowing the mass to continue undisturbed by a non compliant opinion.

Good day and peace one and all!

Dude, your coming across like an ignorant troll. 

Yep, opinions are like arse holes, we've all got one, but for many here, they're opinions are based on years of real world airsoft experience, not what they've seen on YouTube etc. 

Personally I think the fps limits are fine, cheaters are gonna cheat, unless you take them off their feet, hardly feasible lol 

46 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

image.png.4c7a51c77030499880a7c5b4748c65e6.png

😋

I would whole-heartedly defend the wearing of lower face masks tbh.  One sniper shot to a tooth or the gum tells you it's eminently sensible. (I was lucky, I didn't lose the tooth)

Fully agree, nothing against anyone who wants to wear any protective gear they like, but you don't get to wear it then act like you're a hard man 😅 I'd have said nothing about it if he hadn't been acting like what KM does is fine and people are too soft. 

• Supporters

I've never seen more than a snippet of km's crap videos, personally I'd rather watch paint dry, but when you "hear" the crap he gets up to, which can't all be hearsay given the number of sites that have elbowed him, makes me think I'd struggle not to slap the shit out of him if I met him on the field. 

Obviously I'm not endorsing anyone to engage in violence, but it's small wonder he hasn't had a pasting due to his antics. 

People tend to talk about him with the same venom as they do a certain NI scammer. 

🤔

Anyone seen my pitchfork? 😜

I am a fairly objective person, I dont judge someone on what other say, but what the person in question does (acts). 

I have not seen any proof of KM doing something other than hurting someone's "feelz". 

Any link to facts of the guy cheating? I do not mean what Bobby posted in a forum. 
Video proof, or KM saying he is cheating. 

@spamofthejungle

Putting a lot of words in my mouth fella, I never said I was hard, never called anyone a pussy or safety nazi never mentioned raising FPS limits ( you didn't say that but other people putting those words in my mouth too, see how I distinguish what actually came out of your mouth, not difficult). Again I never stipulated which of those fields I would personally play on nor my reasons for a half mask of which a plethora of reasons are possible. I simply stated to paraphrase that perhaps it would be better to have separate fields for those who headshot and are fine with being head shot and those who don't and aren't.

I'm happy to be head-shot, not because I think I'm hard but because my face is protected and mainly it's a confirmation that I'm presenting the smallest possible target while aiming down the site ie not blind firing, if I'm getting shot elsewhere then I've been caught slipping from an angle I failed to find cover.

Hopefully you can accept that allowing me to exit the thread to everyone's satisfaction without having to reiterate what I did or didn't say.

Enjoy your day!

20 minutes ago, BigBell1987 said:

@spamofthejungle

Putting a lot of words in my mouth fella, I never said I was hard, never called anyone a pussy or safety nazi never mentioned raising FPS limits ( you didn't say that but other people putting those words in my mouth too, see how I distinguish what actually came out of your mouth, not difficult). Again I never stipulated which of those fields I would personally play on nor my reasons for a half mask of which a plethora of reasons are possible. I simply stated to paraphrase that perhaps it would be better to have separate fields for those who headshot and are fine with being head shot and those who don't and aren't.

I'm happy to be head-shot, not because I think I'm hard but because my face is protected and mainly it's a confirmation that I'm presenting the smallest possible target while aiming down the site ie not blind firing, if I'm getting shot elsewhere then I've been caught slipping from an angle I failed to find cover.

Hopefully you can accept that allowing me to exit the thread to everyone's satisfaction without having to reiterate what I did or didn't say.

Enjoy your day!

Where is all the talk of headshots coming from? Headshots are fine in airsoft and noone has a problem with it. Being a douche nozzle and shooting people in the face when you could shoot the chest annoys people, but that is far and away the most minor thing that KM does which is douchery. Literally noone has said they have a problem being shot in the head if that's all they're presenting.

Are you under the impression people can't scroll up and see what you wrote? Because you very definitely did suggest a new type of airsoft with different limits etc. 

You are entitled to your opinion mate, and everyone else is entitled to theirs, notice how all the experienced airsofters disagree with you? A smart person would consider why. 

45 minutes ago, spamofthejungle said:

Are you under the impression people can't scroll up and see what you wrote? Because you very definitely did suggest a new type of airsoft with different limits etc.

Please do scroll, please quote where I specifically mentioned raising limits and when you can't please allow me to clean my mouth of your force fed bull by allowing my departure with your silence. I'm not under the impression that others can't scroll neither in fact I implore them to do so and hopefully they can call you on it to show consistent discredit where discredits adieu proving they call it full stop and not just on people with opposing opinions, perhaps my expectations are a little high though, no actually my expectations are probably on point as what I really expect is some response along the lines of well I can't quote it but you definitely implied it and at that point for the first time in this thread contrary to your so called quotes I will be calling someone weak!

45 minutes ago, spamofthejungle said:

A smart person would consider why. 

I told you why earlier which I won't reiterate as that would insult everyone's intelligence and ability to scroll, as well as get their backs up enough to call me a troll again which I don't wanna do as I'm trying to leave the thread hence why I'm being reserved in my response by simply cleaning your bull off me as oppose to throwing some back.

Edited by BigBell1987

• Supporters
5 hours ago, BigBell1987 said:

Again it seems like there's a hymn sheet being shared around and people just sing from it to stay in good standing in their own church.

That's certainly possible.  However, if it turns out to be as accurate as Mustard's marksmanship, how persuasive is it likely to be?

Fresh opinions and challenging the status quo are fine and healthy: that's the basis for all improvements.

Of course, as Mustard demonstrates, it can also result in becoming righter and righter in fewer and fewer places.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's certainly possible.  However, if it turns out to be as accurate as Mustard's marksmanship, how persuasive is it likely to be?

A fair point if one's a free thinker and not subject to psychological disorders which make one susceptible to things like consensus decision making and the like which is not something I'm accusing anyone here of purposely orchestrating it's just something that happens unfortunately although I suspect certain agencies in the world do hold such tools in their armaments and test and refine them frequently.

34 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Fresh opinions and challenging the status quo are fine and healthy: that's the basis for all improvements.

I agree even though I'm conservative 😂 hard being religious in the ever evolving and often bizarre (to me) society we find ourselves in.

18 hours ago, BigBell1987 said:

Thats a very poor strawman argument there as I've seen what professional make up artists can do and Miss Heard's attempts were amateur at best. Istarted watching from a neutral perspective and was quickly able to tell how much of them were nothing more than click bait manufactured drama

Have yoy actually played airsoft,  or have you only watched YouTube videos? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.