Good Grief

#blackadder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

It's only really 27 sites though, much better! 😃

"does not include those who wish their ban to be kept private".

It's remarkable - commendable - that so many are happy to be public about it.

• Supporters
Just now, Rogerborg said:

"does not include those who wish their ban to be kept private".

It's remarkable - commendable - that so many are happy to be public about it.

F&O have made no bones about telling everyone he's banned!

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Lozart said:

F&O have made no bones about telling everyone he's banned!

Good for them.  From the thread, it looks like he's been giving 3J facials with an overpowered pistol - he's a compo claim waiting to happen, I can't see why any site reckons he's a net positive for them.  Anywhere being used as a film set for his dramas doesn't give a stuff about their players, that's for sure.

• Supporters

Lol, that's brilliant, hopefully more sites will take notice & ban him on the basis that even if he hasn't played their sites, he clearly can't be trusted & therefore why take that chance 🤔

I'd happily see a blanket ban on filming on sites anyway, most of it is boring as fuck to watch, can't actually say I've ever seen anything that's ever made me want to go & play, & I'M PRO AIRSOFT, so it hardly inspires noobs in to the game, with the exception of codsofters who think scopes on guns really do show an "x" when you hit someone 🤣

#360NOSCOPEFTW😜

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Lol, that's brilliant, hopefully more sites will take notice & ban him on the basis that even if he hasn't played their sites, he clearly can't be trusted & therefore why take that chance 🤔

I'd happily see a blanket ban on filming on sites anyway, most of it is boring as fuck to watch, can't actually say I've ever seen anything that's ever made me want to go & play, & I'M PRO AIRSOFT, so it hardly inspires noobs in to the game, with the exception of codsofters who think scopes on guns really do show an "x" when you hit someone 🤣

#360NOSCOPEFTW😜

It's not airsofters that watch them though, it's people like my brother in law who have absolutely no intention of ever playing but think he's hilarious. Ladbible has a lot to answer for.

A good few sites have banned "cheater exposed" type videos already and some have outright banned cameras. All because the YT algorithm pays out more to clickbait fuck-knuckles like KM than to anything "sensible".

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Lozart said:

All because the YT algorithm pays out more to clickbait fuck-knuckles like KM than to anything "sensible"

They're all over the place.  There's a sweet spot for just the right amount of physical pain and abuse that arouses them, but they demonetise, delete or ban people for hurty words, and they really don't like anything bang-gun related, even when nobody actually gets hurt, and the message is "Don't do this".

Brandon Hererra's demonstration of why you shouldn't try and make a Shinzo Abe boomstick at home didn't even stay up for a day - but they still left up the reaction videos to it, showing the spiciest bits. :D 

Hope sites don't ban all recording though. 

I some times use a go pro on my lid just to capture a few moments to look back on later. None of it ever gets posted anywhere because it's crap and I wouldn't know how to anyway.

It's purely for my own enjoyment.

I need something to watch when I'm old 😜

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hope sites don't ban all recording though

It'll only take a few Mustards tarnishing their reputation for a site to get camera-shy. My hope is that they'll see the sense in moving to a pre-approval-required model where they trust their regulars not to stitch them up with clickbait.

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It'll only take a few Mustards tarnishing their reputation for a site to get camera-shy. My hope is that they'll see the sense in moving to a pre-approval-required model where they trust their regulars not to stitch them up with clickbait.

Trackdays have been that way for years, you have to sign a detailed legal disclaimer, it’s a great idea.

29 minutes ago, Unreal Warfare said:

Skirmish Nottingham disallowed recording the last time I went (last month).

Indoor or Outdoor? 

Indoor I've never had a problem with, I've never had a problem indoors and I'm friendly enough that they'd "politely ask me not to" before they blanket banned it.

Outdoor I know they can be a pit pernickity about, they usually ask if anyone has objections to anyone recording and even the slightest mutter they prefer you not to.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

you have to sign a detailed legal disclaimer, it’s a great idea

I stopped myself from railing about this earlier, but I might as well now: that seems pointless, because you won't know that they've ignored it until the reputational damage is already done.

You can't trust a rental, visitor or newbie to honour it, and you don't need a regular to sign it.

It's about the people, not the processes.  Which gets me back to my usual rant about how great airsoft would be if sites stopped wasting everyone time with long briefs that the majority don't need to hear, and the problem minority aren't listening to, and just kicked the gits out.

Which is why this thread brings me such utter delight. ;) 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

From the thread, it looks like he's been giving 3J facials with an overpowered pistol - he's a compo claim waiting to happen

i did wonder how much there was to the ol' "it's a tokyo marui" argument he'd trot out every time someone complained about the state of his pistol.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

It's not airsofters that watch them though, it's people like my brother in law who have absolutely no intention of ever playing but think he's hilarious. Ladbible has a lot to answer for.

A good few sites have banned "cheater exposed" type videos already and some have outright banned cameras. All because the YT algorithm pays out more to clickbait fuck-knuckles like KM than to anything "sensible".

the issue i have with the likes of km is that's the advertisement for the hobby the world is more likely to see, he has a responsibility to the hobby as a whole and has chosen to adopt a toxic attitude for his persona.

the fact that cheating videos are more popular is sadly just human nature, no different to the floods of violence we enjoy seeing on tv, in movies or video games.

the problem is that whilst yes, we all know fine well that cheating and conflict absolutely exist in this hobby, but at nowhere near the frequency these channels often show.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's about the people, not the processes.  Which gets me back to my usual rant about how great airsoft would be if sites stopped wasting everyone time with long briefs that the majority don't need to hear, and the problem minority aren't listening to, and just kicked the gits out.

i do agree, although it's a tricky one when so often airsoft arguments ultimately boil down to he said/she said with many sites not having the numbers or experience in staff to be able to tackle the problem head on.

although that said, i'd wager the majority don't bother because they don't want to alienate paying customers (and by extension that customers freinds) if people can't/won't vote with their wallets and go elsewhere.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd wager the majority don't bother because they don't want to alienate paying customers (and by extension that customers freinds) if people can't/won't vote with their wallets and go elsewhere

I'm not even sure it's that deep, because it doesn't take much critical thinking to realise that you're far better off retaining people who want to avoid trouble than the very few throbbers who are there for it.

The basic problem, and it's not one that I'm blaming sites for, is that owners and marshals aren't there to have arguments either.  Easier to pretend that you didn't see what you saw, hear what you heard, or that you couldn't identify the culprit, then get back to bantering or InstaFacing.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I stopped myself from railing about this earlier, but I might as well now: that seems pointless, because you won't know that they've ignored it until the reputational damage is already done.

You can't trust a rental, visitor or newbie to honour it, and you don't need a regular to sign it.

Which is why this thread brings me such utter delight. ;) 

Absolutely.

We’ve agreed many times on disclaimers & excessive briefs, but in the context of filming ….. a number of years back the training on military urban sites kicked up a few gears, just when paintball & Airsoft games were having a surge of ‘special site’ events.

An absolute rule was put into place that no video recording was to be made on a site, the rule was distributed in the lead up to the game, stressed in the brief - and of course immediately on game on a player walked past range staff attaching a head cam.  (To be told in no uncertain terms to turn it off)

On the Monday or Tuesday very irate calls circulated as footage appeared on YouTube.

With a lot of luck (not for the culprit) the originator was known and made to remove the footage immediately 

His ‘excuse’ was the team mate in front of him had been the one told to switch off now, and not him.

Only the swift action by event organiser allowed further use of the site that year … and onwards.

Filming is allowed again, but was politically sensitive at the time 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Absolutely.

We’ve agreed many times on disclaimers & excessive briefs, but in the context of filming ….. a number of years back the training on military urban sites kicked up a few gears, just when paintball & Airsoft games were having a surge of ‘special site’ events.

An absolute rule was put into place that no video recording was to be made on a site, the rule was distributed in the lead up to the game, stressed in the brief - and of course immediately on game on a player walked past range staff attaching a head cam.  (To be told in no uncertain terms to turn it off)

On the Monday or Tuesday very irate calls circulated as footage appeared on YouTube.

With a lot of luck (not for the culprit) the originator was known and made to remove the footage immediately 

His ‘excuse’ was the team mate in front of him had been the one told to switch off now, and not him.

Only the swift action by event organiser allowed further use of the site that year … and onwards.

Similar incident occurred at rype village, fibua training area at Lydd camp, for years it mirrored your average Belfast terraces, then it kicked off in the sandpit, to which the mod's concerted effort to ensure realism, was to mock up a mosque/minaret with a few large drainage pipes etc, hardly convincing but sure enough some pictures got out (not sure if it was during an airsoft event ?), made it in to the press, who obviously wouldn't want to make anything of it 🤣, & a shitstorm ensued. 

As a result, absolutely no filming or still photography on site EVER AGAIN🤬

3 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Indoor or Outdoor? 

Indoor I've never had a problem with, I've never had a problem indoors and I'm friendly enough that they'd "politely ask me not to" before they blanket banned it.

Outdoor I know they can be a pit pernickity about, they usually ask if anyone has objections to anyone recording and even the slightest mutter they prefer you not to.

Outdoor. It was the first time I’d gone and they’d openly stated it during the rules brief mind. They’d never stated it the times I’d gone before.

9 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Absolutely.

Same happened at Copehill down last time I was there (a good few years ago now) everyone was specifically told that certain area's of the site were not to be filmed, all camera footage had to be provided back to event organiser for vetting and any footage that included before mentioned areas would be scrapped. Everyone was fine with this and the majority just said "you know what I wont bother filming anything"

One lad decided to not hand in his memory cards (all of which would have been properly identified and handed back in due course) got quite the rude awakening when he uploaded those videos to YouTube. The MOD also got a lot of "evidence" for goings on at Stanta which led to some of the shitstorm that flew airsofts way when the MOD saw it (not all of that was video but also the state the site was left in).

Me personally - I don't have any issues with people filming whatever they want (providing its within the limits of the site - MOD rules etc) however when it comes to editing videos to make people out to be something they're not that's when I have an issue. Its quite easy to put hit markers over videos where you cant quite make out (because of various factors) if someone has been hit or not and then calling that person a cheater is bullshit. Secondly mocking some poor person by absolutely pulverizing them all for the internet kudos and laughs (AIRSOFT PRO ABSOLUTELY DESTROYS KID WITH BRIGHT GREEN GUN) is also bullshit and in my opinion and not only shows people the wrong way to play (and then encouraging others to play that way) but also shows absolute lack of moral compass and all for what, being famous on the webs for playing airsoft?

The whole Trump-esk whinging I see online when people get called out for shit behavior touting "woke/cancel culture" is also a load of horse shit, don't act like a dick and you wont get called out for being a dick. Its as simple as that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.