Wolverine Hydra Gen2 m14 jamming open on empty

Impulse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm at my wits' end with this issue. The gun works amazingly well up until I take the mag out and have to clear it when it has a tendency to jam up. The first shot gives a disheartening click as something doesn't quite work properly and if the trigger is pulled again it jams the HPA engine open, allowing a bunch of air to leak out until I disconnect the line. I had a look today and there's a BB rolling around in the hop unit from what I can see after that first disheartening click shot and when it jams open I can't see the nozzle jammed inside the hop unit so it's not the hop rubber stopping it from returning back as it's an open bolt system. I've tried the following and none have worked:

- Using a higher psi. I typically set it to 60psi so I can run it at 1.1J so I thought that maybe it was too low, even though Wolverine say 60psi is fine. Tested it at 80psi to make sure and still getting the same issue.

- Attaching a strip of a drinks can around the bottom at the back of the hop unit as there's a small gap that I thought BBs were falling through. Didn't fix it.

- Removing the metal thing that clips over the top of the hop unit underneath the bolt and dust cover. This partially worked, but it still did it from time to time and also potentially exposed the hop unit to the elements were I to do it in game

I was just wondering if anyone else here has built a HPA m14 and had the same issue as me, and if so how the hell did you solve it? I love the gun otherwise, but this one thing really ruins the whole thing.

Is the nozzle centred into the hop unit . Look down the barrel with torch up the feeding hole of the nozzle . See if all centred ? 

Being totally honest, I can't tell. Tried looking down with a torch shining up into the hop unit but can't make it out at the bottom of the barrel. It would make the most sense though, as when I spoke to High Pressure Airsoft they were a bit confused but said that misalignment would be their best guess. If that's the case, I'll probably end up sending it to High Pressure Airsoft because I just don't have the tools to sort it out.

I've got one of my friends lending me their dremel this week, so going to crack open the gearbox and clear out more material. Will hopefully sort out any alignment issues as I think that's what may be causing it since it's a very, very tight fit at the moment. Fingers crossed because I think that's the only weird thing about the entire build.

Dremeled out the material and it still does the same. However, I think I identified where the issue was and have now fixed(?) it. I removed the small metal clip that goes over the hop up chamber, underneath the bolt cover as it was ever so slightly pushing down on the hop unit which meant the nozzle was rubbing against it if the magazine wasn't inserted in and applying that slight upward pressure to keep it aligned.

It's satisficing and opens the hop unit up to the element somewhat (though not really as it's still covered by the bolt cover), but it means it doesn't jam up without any magazine in. Honestly don't know how else to solve the problem as I'm not sure I could shim the hop unit because of how the m14 is built.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.