M130 spring in Nuprol pioneer defender M4

Cj47

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello people was wondering whether I could put an m130 spring or even a m135 spring in my Nuprol pioneer defender which is an m4 assault rifle, do you think the motor could pull it back and would it last? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

• Supporters

Possibly ?, but you'll probably exceed UK legal limits, unless you ensure full auto is disabled. 

Whether your gat will destroy itself, quite likely🤣

• Supporters

Sure, radius the gearbox (YouTube provides videos) and don't expect a decent response or rate of fire.  It might shred the gears, crack the box, or waller out the bushings, or it might not. Only one way to find out.

Why though?  What are you trying to achieve?

18 hours ago, Tackle said:

but you'll probably exceed UK legal limits

Haven't you heard? Everyone is just turning their hops right up or using half dead batteries now if it's over.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Haven't you heard? Everyone is just turning their hops right up or using half dead batteries now if it's over.

lol m8 just stick some hevier beebs in u get under 350 no wories

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

lol m8 just stick some hevier beebs in u get under 350 no wories

Literally had an airsoft shop owner telling me to do that once on a gun I bought from him - for the site he also ran. 

Zero effs given - as long as the number on the chrono said 349 or less, he was happy, no matter how you achieved it. You could have been firing marbles - as long as it was under 350fps he didn't care.

Needless to say, this was over a decade ago, and the shop and site no longer exist. Good times though.

When I first started, everyone kept saying 350fps was the limit. It wasn't entirely clear that was on 0.20's. So I did think perhaps I could use 0.25's as long as they were below 350fps. I did of course ask the question and was promptly corrected. I still hear people being confused about it.

On a similar subject, I saw a particular sites rules stated that if bolties are to used by someone <18, the limit was 400fps, over 18 was 500fps...and that all guns must be measured on 0.20g's!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

So I did think perhaps I could use 0.25's as long as they were below 350fps. I did of course ask the question and was promptly corrected. I still hear people being confused about it.

Urgh, yes, that does still happen, because sites are still talking in terms of fps rather than Joules.  I always wonder how many people don't ask, and how many sites really don't care.  A few years back, at a thankfully defunct site, I did hear a chrono-marshal tell a mate to just put heavier BBs in and come back.  What a farcical waste of time.  Why bother at all?

On 01/08/2022 at 18:14, Cj47 said:

Hello people was wondering whether I could put an m130 spring or even a m135 spring in my Nuprol pioneer defender which is an m4 assault rifle, do you think the motor could pull it back and would it last? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

Short answer is No.

Long Answer;
- Nuprol are basic, and a notorious for being shite at gearboxes
- Their motors are.... meh
- Spring is likely going to go over legal limits for an AEG, don't be naughty

- If you wanna see how quickly a Nuprol can shit itself, go for it, it's gonna do it eventually, may as well make it go out with a literal bang

On 01/08/2022 at 20:01, Rogerborg said:

Why though?  What are you trying to achieve?

^^^^^^^ This

Edited by -davo-
grammar

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/08/2022 at 18:14, Cj47 said:

Do it and see the end result….. start saving for a new RIF now….

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Do it and see the end result….. start saving for a new RIF now….

OP never told us why he wanted to do it, must have been killed by the exploding gearbox.  Press F to pay respects.

You never know,

it could have terrible air seal issues 🤷‍♂️ 

i remember long ago having a really heavy spring fitted to a ICS PAR mk3 and locked to semi for a invite only milsim game where DMR could shoot upto 500fps.

May as well have been a bolt action because you couldn’t quickly follow up with a second shot 🤣

Running it on a 11.1v You could literally the poor motor/internals trying to pull the spring back like it was loading a trebuchet. 

couldn’t get it out fast enough after the event 😂 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.