Screw front post on TM Glock.

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have just ordered a Guarder Gen 2 frame for my TM Glock 22.

Would I be wise to fill the hole behind it with JB Weld or Araldite just in case? I will only be running the gun with a plastic slide and 144a gas, but I have heard that even Guarder frames may need reinforcement at this point.

I don’t watch vids really, you mean the gap around the front frame post.

Sure, fill it with resin if you like, won’t do any harm.

I’ve never had one break, but I’ve never run a steel slide either lol

15 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

So, if you only run a plastic slide, it isn't essential.

I’ve run plastic, normal Guarder cast metal Slides and CNC aluminium slides with no issues

I agree with the above, I've used guarder frames on a G17 and a G18 both with aluminum slides and mainly green gas, even with the full auto of the G18 and thousands of rounds through both i've never had an issue.

Do you mean the hole which accommodates the screw through the top of the hammer assembly? 

In a sense, this is actually a weak point on Glock frames. However I've only had an issue with a Co2 VFC Glock 17. I really can't see it being a problem when you're only using a plastic slide an 144a gas.

On 01/08/2022 at 09:25, Cr0-Magnon said:

Do you mean the hole which accommodates the screw through the top of the hammer assembly? 

In a sense, this is actually a weak point on Glock frames. However I've only had an issue with a Co2 VFC Glock 17. I really can't see it being a problem when you're only using a plastic slide an 144a gas.

Sorry to get back to you so late. Didn't read your post properly.

No I meant the screw that holds the front metal chassis to the bottom of the frame.

I think the problem you are referring to regarding the screw at the top of the hammer assembly, is that it self threads into plastic - just like the front screw on the original TM frame.

On Guarder frames that screw hole usually has a metal (brass?) insert. So shouldn't be any issues there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.