When you pay more money on your gear

YAo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As a one year new gamer, i found that myIMG20220729084600.thumb.jpg.4cdaddc0d062359688dc4f40906dde9a.jpg money paid on my gear can buy several new fancy rifles(lol).

Wonderful thing about the hobby is there's not really a "wrong" way of doing it in terms of gear and gun preferences. As has been said, you can play with a stock Cyma AEG and some surplus gear for a loadout that will cost <£200 in total and have as much fun and be just as effective as the guy in full Crye gear with a TM NGRS kitted out with real-steel shooting accessories and sights.

It's very much a "you do you" hobby and anyone who says you "must" play a certain way should be ignored. I'll always give prospective snipers my opinions on stuff, but I'll never be like "you're doing it wrong", even if they rock up to a game with a bolt action rifle dressed as a hot dog as if that's how they want to play, then that's how they should play!

What you should be really thinking is now I spent so much on gear this year, I can spend this year getting some really cool RIFs 

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

People who tell you you're 'doing it wrong' deserve nothing but a slap with a wet fish

Fixed

At the end of the day if you're happy with your kit then that's what matters. Let's face it, our gear is really nothing more than a fancy dress costume and having the latest gucci gear won't instantly turn you into Captain Price or Jason Bourne.

Also I'm sure most airsofters have cupboards full of kit they bought and never use

• Supporters

To be honest mate it’s your money you spend it on what you want , unless someone is telling you not to buy something because it’s either well over priced or a right piece of crap(with the caveat it’s from personal experience and NOT their mates/sisters/boyfriends/cousins/girlfriends/dog walker said “yea that’s a shit bit of kit !) then tell them to do one with their ‘advice’ in what ever way you see fit . Savvy ?😉

This is what I love about airsoft.  We each have our ideal setups, no matter what it takes, you will achieve it.  If you makes you happy and you get that goal, then that is great! When others see what you have done and appreciate it, then that’s a bonus.

I got into night games last year, well not going to think about the cost of the gear (NVG’s) but it ticks one of the things that I always wanted to do and have.

Also the airsoft community tends to encourage you, which I find is positive when you think about all the crap going on in the world.

So bravo to you and keep it coming!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.