Hammer won't lock back

DannyZall

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sear is worn or broken it seems, had a similar issue when I had a WE Glock. It's probably easier and less annoying to buy a new hammer assembly if you can find one.

28 minutes ago, DannyZall said:

I honestly don't mind replacing the part I can get the sear for a couple of quid, would it be worth upgrading the sear for a steel one?

No, not steel, as it will wear everything else. Also, TM and WE sears are not the same. If you buy a TM a spec sear you need to change the trigger bar to TM spec as well.

Oh, you know the knocker has to sit back to lock the sear in place? You sure your knocker lock isn’t worn?

Hmm, not to sure bud, all that's happening is the hammer locks back and then instantly releases, the odd thing is if i take the pin around half out itll lock back so im honestly not to sure what's gone bang, if you want pictures ill take it apart and show you the wear on the parts it might help you out

1 hour ago, DannyZall said:

Think Ive sused it, the hammer is catching on the sear but due to the amount of wear instantly slips off im going to order a new hammer and sear (Stock WE stuff) and fit that should hopefully be good then

Let us know how you get on 👍🏻

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.