glock 45

Imran Khan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

generally it's just there because my holster would look shit without it. 

Keep saying, the best value-for-money pistol for typical woodland "use" is a £20 springer.

7 hours ago, Krisz said:

Neither me that's why I would never buy Krytac or an expensive TM AEG which doesn't even have a mosfet but preferences are subjective.

You pay like 10 pounds more for a VFC Glock on average compared to a TM it's not a huge difference. A fully licensed product is gonna cost more for obvious reasons.

Does the TM version come without trades these days ? 'cos I had a brand spanking new TM MP7 in my hands recently that had pretty much the same trades as my Umarex GBB one. On the WE front , i've quite a few WE pistols and GBBR's and have never yet had one fail on me despite alot of use and quite a bit of abuse. 

9 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Does the TM version come without trades these days ? 'cos I had a brand spanking new TM MP7 in my hands recently that had pretty much the same trades as my Umarex GBB one. On the WE front , i've quite a few WE pistols and GBBR's and have never yet had one fail on me despite alot of use and quite a bit of abuse. 

Pretty sure they do as they copyright isn't recognised in Japan. That's why a fair few UK retailers say they will remove trades or don't list certain models (MP7 being a prime example) on their websites

TM's comes with trades just fine. However I suspect the distinction that was being made was "fully licensed trademarks" costs more, rather than whether it has trades.

tm-g17-4g.thumb.jpeg.0c97e3a1e39d0baaa8c7d2f7a5eb84b3.jpeg

54 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Pretty sure they do as they copyright isn't recognised in Japan. That's why a fair few UK retailers say they will remove trades or don't list certain models (MP7 being a prime example) on their websites

The MP7 came from a UK retailer, but fair point. 

55 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

TM's comes with trades just fine. However I suspect the distinction that was being made was "fully licensed trademarks" costs more, rather than whether it has trades.

tm-g17-4g.thumb.jpeg.0c97e3a1e39d0baaa8c7d2f7a5eb84b3.jpeg

The point being though in relation to the thread, that if you buy a TM you will probably get trades (not essential but lets face it nice to have) and a petter pistol and still cheeper than the VFC version with better spares availability in the UK 

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

I've had an Umarex Glock 17 for a couple of years now. I got the CO2 version and also have a green gas mag. 

Is it a good pistol? I feel distinctly meh, about it tbh. It shoots fine for me at close distances (<15m) so it's passable.

Was it value for money? Fml, no! Almost £200 with a spare mag is ludicrous for the performance. 

Does it look good? Yes, 100%.

Would I buy another? Nope. TM all the way for that money, or a WE and upgrades.

It's all subjective though. I use my pistol maybe once during a game day (and on the range) just to use it, but generally it's just there because my holster would look shit without it. 

VFC CO2 prices are ridiculous. If I'm into CO2 that much I'd buy an ASG Shadow CZ instead.

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Depends on the retailer. Some even warn you they will remove trades before they dispatch it.

11 minutes ago, Krisz said:

VFC CO2 prices are ridiculous. If I'm into CO2 that much I'd buy an ASG Shadow CZ instead.

Depends on the retailer. Some even warn you they will remove trades before they dispatch it.

Ah but do they actually do so ? and easy enough to avoid those retailers . 

Having bought my TMs from UK retailers, one who advertised that trades would be removed, they've all been fine. It's mainly for the HK models as far as I can see, as VFC have the official license 

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Nick G said:

Ah but do they actually do so ?

Exactly. Glock don't care, directly, whether any particular bbGunz4U vendor is selling trademarked toys or not.  All their bottom line sees is the income from licensed toys.  As long as someone is willing to pay them that, it's literally not worth their time or money to go after retailers. The only certainty there is up-front cost to them which they may or may not recoup years down the line.

Didn't glock go after after some US stores a few years ago for selling GBB glock replicas with trademarks? 

Edit: they did. 

https://airsoft-milsim-news.com/glock-wins-lawsuit-against-airsoft-splat/

Edited by Cannonfodder

35 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Didn't glock go after after some US stores a few years ago for selling GBB glock replicas with trademarks? 

Easy target isn’t it, the great US of A beats the nasty Chinese fakers lol

To be honest, I’m amazed they don’t make fake RS Glocks, it’s such a simple design

Interesting that Glock went after a retailer rather than the actual manufacturer , wonder if airsoft splat were making a big issue of 'Glock' in their ads

13 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Interesting that Glock went after a retailer rather than the actual manufacturer , wonder if airsoft splat were making a big issue of 'Glock' in their ads

They tried the manufacturers, won in the US but lost in Japan, that’s a big reason TM don’t officially export anything

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

I seem to remember that US retailers had to sell the upper(slide/barrel/BBU etc.) and the lower as separate store items to circumvent the Trade Dress problem. It meant the user had to order both and assemble the gun into it's final Glock-looking form.

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

From the quick skim though that link I did that was one of the issues

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.