glock 45

Imran Khan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

26 minutes ago, Imran Khan said:

is the glock 45 any good?

I’m assuming you mean the Umarex/VFC and not the WE?

It’s exactly as good as all their other Glocks. Overpriced for an average pistol 

It's a glock 19 slide on a glock 17 frame. A bit more comfortable to draw even with tracer because of the shorter slide length. I don't know what you expect from the gun because internally nothing special but you can say the same about every stock glock in this price range.

3 hours ago, Krisz said:

It's a glock 19 slide on a glock 17 frame. A bit more comfortable to draw even with tracer because of the shorter slide length. I don't know what you expect from the gun because internally nothing special but you can say the same about every stock glock in this price range.

Nope, it’s overpriced, £160 for a gun than performs no better than an £100 WE, just looks a little better

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope, it’s overpriced, £160 for a gun than performs no better than an £100 WE, just looks a little better

Agreed. I had a WE glock for a couple of years. Sold it as I anted something different and something much more reliable. 

8 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Tokyo Marui AEG's are overpriced in my opinion, so? You can buy better stock guns for less money.

What overpriced is totally subjective to the person isn't it?. WE has a terrible reputation regarding reliability so doesn't matter if it's cheaper. Compare it to Tokyo Marui because they are in the same price range. If someone tells me a TM GBB pistol is more reliable than a VFC well yes I can accept that assuming you don't use propane on a stock TM.

Edited by Krisz

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

Tokyo Marui AEG's are overpriced in my opinion, so? You can buy better stock guns for less money.

What overpriced is totally subjective to the person isn't it?. WE has a terrible reputation regarding reliability so doesn't matter if it's cheaper. Compare it to Tokyo Marui because they are in the same price range. If someone tells me a TM GBB pistol is more reliable than a VFC well yes I can accept that assuming you don't use propane on a plastic slided pistol.

Touchy

The difference is TM aegs have a reputation for reliability, whereas vfc pistols have a rep for being a bit shit

18 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

The difference is TM aegs have a reputation for reliability, whereas vfc pistols have a rep for being a bit shit

Source: trust me bro.

No one questioned TM reliability I said they are overpriced regarding what they offer in 2022. Some of them were designed 20-30 years ago and haven't changed since then. No innovation and yet hefty price tags.

Edited by Krisz

24 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Source: trust me bro.

No one questioned TM reliability I said they are overpriced regarding what they offer in 2022. Some of them were designed 20-30 years ago and haven't changed since then. No innovation and yet hefty price tags.

Granted there some TM models that have been around since the late 90s but they are the cheaper ones. TMs new releases always have some sort of improvement and you are paying for Japanese quality control and development over Chinese sweat shop qc and nicking Japanese designs. Prices have gone up all around and most TM pistols can be had for sub £150 if you go to the right shops 

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Not wrong though.  He's spicy, let's keep him.

I’m getting old and grouchy. I’ve added two more people to my ignore list just today 🤣🤣

49 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Granted there some TM models that have been around since the late 90s but they are the cheaper ones. TMs new releases always have some sort of improvement and you are paying for Japanese quality control and development over Chinese sweat shop qc and nicking Japanese designs. Prices have gone up all around and most TM pistols can be had for sub £150 if you go to the right shops 

Yes, TM is a good brand and everyone copies/copied them which tells a lot about their reputation in the airsoft world. But it doesn't mean they don't break or you can't better equipped gun for cheaper esp. if it's an aeg.

On the internet you can't have your own thoughts because hive minded people are gonna tell you otherwise and mock you like you're some kind of imbecile.

Some people live their life on this forum and act like they know everything and what they say is eternal truth. 😕

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

You being racist against hive minds, bruv?

I'm a foreigner I can't be racist. 🤨

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

Yes, TM is a good brand and everyone copies/copied them which tells a lot about their reputation in the airsoft world. But it doesn't mean they don't break or you can't better equipped gun for cheaper esp. if it's an aeg.

On the internet you can't have your own thoughts because hive minded people are gonna tell you otherwise and mock you like you're some kind of imbecile.

Some people live their life on this forum and act like they know everything and what they say is eternal truth. 😕

Yes these are cheap toy guns of course they break. All i can go on experience After 22ish years of playing and owning 100s of gun I find TM break less frequently than other brands and last lot longer before they do.

However there will be some one somewhere that has a WE 1911 that has worked flawlessly for 15 years and empties a mag no matter what temperature, stranger things have happened.

@Krisz I’ve tried to destroy a plastic TM capa slide out of morbid curiousity using Guarder Black gas at UK indoor temperatures. The 4.3 slide was fine and the world didn’t end. I wouldn’t recommend doing it long term but I don’t think they’re as fragile as the internet has lead you to believe. 

Source - I’m pretty passionate about my Hi capas and you can follow some of my builds on my making the Novristch SSP less shameful thread.  

The people that you’re butting heads with on this forum have used and abused the pews they’re talking about and the advice on here is nothing less than stellar

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Yes these are cheap toy guns of course they break. All i can go on experience After 22ish years of playing and owning 100s of gun I find TM break less frequently than other brands and last lot longer before they do.

However there will be some one somewhere that has a WE 1911 that has worked flawlessly for 15 years and empties a mag no matter what temperature, stranger things have happened.

it's a hard line to draw as everyone's going to have different standards.

eg someone might think a given gun is shit if it can't go 3 more than full mags between gassing in the middle of winter, others might consider anything that can fire it's RS capacity (usually less than the actual capacity) per fill in reasonably rapid order under most conditions good enough.

same with longevity, some folks might shoot their holster-filler so rarely that it takes 15 years to accumulate the kind of round count someone else's stockless primary could rack up in a day.

certainly whilst i'll admit marui pistols generally trend towards better performance when treated properly, that doesn't mean that other brands are worth discounting depending on what the individuals wants/needs are. as long as people have reasonable expectations then that's all we can do.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Yes, I agree. VFC isn't a shit brand in general though doesn't matter what people claim here. Every gun breaks eventually TM obviously has a proper QC and they make quality guns because of these reasons less likely you are gonna have bad experiences with the brand. I only bought my VFC Glock few months ago so I'm not gonna say it's never gonna break (it's gonna just matter of time) but I'm not biased. I buy and use everything doesn't matter what people say or claim anywhere on the internet especially when they are full of hatred.

29 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I would buy a VFC pistol if it were easy to get spare parts for them.

But it isn't. And so I won't.

I stick to TM and WE mainly because parts can easily be replaced when they wear out or break. 

Ehobbyasia has literally everything. WGCShop used to be good before brexit but delivery became too expensive. MLEmart has a lot of VFC parts as well. These are just top of my head probably a lot more companies are involved. You can order almost anything from Hong Kong as standard delivery and roughly after waiting a week it should be in your letter box. Only saying because I do it regurarly.

Edited by Krisz

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

@Krisz I’ve tried to destroy a plastic TM capa slide out of morbid curiousity using Guarder Black gas at UK indoor temperatures. The 4.3 slide was fine and the world didn’t end. I wouldn’t recommend doing it long term but I don’t think they’re as fragile as the internet has lead you to believe. 

Source - I’m pretty passionate about my Hi capas and you can follow some of my builds on my making the Novristch SSP less shameful thread.  

The people that you’re butting heads with on this forum have used and abused the pews they’re talking about and the advice on here is nothing less than stellar

Yeah you see I had TM pistols but never reached that point when a slide cracked because of green gas. It's not manufactured for it that's for sure. You can upgrade your TM pistol to make it less harmful but there is a reason I said stock TM.

Same here altough I don't abuse my guns but maintain them properly.

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

doesn't matter what people say or claim anywhere on the internet especially when they are full of hatred.

No hatred here, nor has anyone mocked you so I don't know where you got that idea from. 

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

Ehobbyasia has literally everything. WGCShop used to be good before brexit but delivery became too expensive. MLEmart has a lot of VFC parts as well. These are just top of my head probably a lot more companies are involved. You can order almost anything from Hong Kong as standard delivery and roughly after waiting a week it should be in your letter box. Only saying because I do it regurarly.

Not everyone wants to go through all the extra hassle of ordering from half way round the world. 

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

I find TM break less frequently than other brands and last lot longer before they do.

This is my experience too

Overall I just don't see the logic in paying more for something which has worse performance but hey, it's your cash to spend on what you want 

10 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

No hatred here, nor has anyone mocked you so I don't know where you got that idea from. 

Not everyone wants to go through all the extra hassle of ordering from half way round the world. 

This is my experience too

Overall I just don't see the logic in paying more for something which has worse performance but hey, it's your cash to spend on what you want 

Neither me that's why I would never buy Krytac or an expensive TM AEG which doesn't even have a mosfet but preferences are subjective.

You pay like 10 pounds more for a VFC Glock on average compared to a TM it's not a huge difference. A fully licensed product is gonna cost more for obvious reasons.

Edited by Krisz

That's still more money for worse performance and reliability and I really couldn't give a monkeys about trademarks so that's not something I'm going to pay extra for

I've had an Umarex Glock 17 for a couple of years now. I got the CO2 version and also have a green gas mag. 

Is it a good pistol? I feel distinctly meh, about it tbh. It shoots fine for me at close distances (<15m) so it's passable.

Was it value for money? Fml, no! Almost £200 with a spare mag is ludicrous for the performance. 

Does it look good? Yes, 100%.

Would I buy another? Nope. TM all the way for that money, or a WE and upgrades.

It's all subjective though. I use my pistol maybe once during a game day (and on the range) just to use it, but generally it's just there because my holster would look shit without it. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.