CHiLUN V2 ETU - New Chinese Mosfet

ak2m4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by fully mechanical?

Regards 

• Supporters

what sort of functionality are we talking?

the thing i'm mainly thinking about is what does this offer that the likes of an ab++ or warfet doesn't? as those options have the added benefit of being universal fitment?

only thing i'm seeing is the ability to grub screw mod the trigger for dem mouseclicks.

I don't know what I'd do without the great parts on ak2m4 but, hmmm, not sure about this one 🤔

I'd rather have one less take-away and get a GATE Titan, and there are things like this...

https://eshooter-world.com/products/kestrel-v2

... which Double Eagle are slapping into some of their AEG's.

• Supporters

That's a lot of functionality for the money, especially if it can give you a speedyboi trigger.  I saw the Facebook post but I don't run V2 enough to be a good test monkey.  I'll be watching with interest to see if a V3 appears.

On 26/07/2022 at 11:17, ak2m4 said:

Been testing this for the past 4 weeks and so far hasn't broken.  It's a fully mechanical ETU with 4 micro-arms.  I've always been a little sceptical of these type of FET's due to the unreliability of the switches but this one is proving pretty decent so far.   I'm organising a small test of these with 10 or 20 regular players later this week, hopefully will see if they last the distance and how serviceable these are.  Price should be around £35

Will update the thread with the findings.

2.0.jpg

do you need any more testers ? I’m just in the middle of a build that I’ve got a titan for but plans can change , Looks quite similar to the btc spectre

58 minutes ago, mintsauce5 said:

do you need any more testers ? I’m just in the middle of a build that I’ve got a titan for but plans can change , Looks quite similar to the btc spectre

I'm all good for testers thanks but I might sell a few at cost price for people who want to try them

I know ngrs fet's are a different beast altogether, but apart from gearbox shape, what would stop them making one?

The Titan is the current go-to for most, but a cheap mechanical fet to stop spamming lock ups (i think) would sell well

1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

I know ngrs fet's are a different beast altogether, but apart from gearbox shape, what would stop them making one?

The Titan is the current go-to for most, but a cheap mechanical fet to stop spamming lock ups (i think) would sell well

I really don't know that much about NGRS but I guess it's certainly possible.  Part of the issue these are made in China by a Chinese company, they don't have access to TM NGRS guns to experiment because they are banned.  Getting them into the country is incredibly hard for them.  They can't even get run of the mill products sent from Taiwan let alone Airsoft bits.  These Chinese fets have only come about due to the authorities relaxing the laws around Gel Blasters, however I hear that's about to change.

Ideally you'd need to design the product here in the UK, working with a Chinese factory to get them made.   Is there a big enough market to warrant the cost? Dunno.

Monday I'm sending out a few units so hopefully we'll have some real-world data.  I'll post up the results here for anyone not on FB.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any updates?

I must have missed it, not a fan of microswitches because they are still mechanical parts subject to stress and breakages (not that optical/magnetic sensors won't break, but they don't have actual forced applied to them) but if it works well it could be a cheaper alternative to Peruns and Titans for those who can't afford these units!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.