Reacher and The Terminal List both recommended on Amazon

Rogerborg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There's a bit of a theme developing here. If you want some solid, straightforward toxic masculinity not dripping with CURRENT_YEAR tropes, then Amazon seems like the place to be.

Reacher: Sherlock Holmes crossed with the Punisher.  Big burly bloke puzzles out a crime, and anyone who fucks around finds out. Far closer to the source novels than the daft movies where Tiny Tom Cruise gnaws on kneecaps.  Great casting, decent writing, pacing and production.  Feels like a throwback to the 1990, when the novels were written, in all the best ways.

The Terminal List: Not dissimilar. Chris Pratt as a Navy SEAL looking for answers after his team gets wiped out, with questions over his own mental state and stability. Pratt does a surprisingly credible job, far more serious than prancing around guarding the galaxy.  Some interesting details, including SEAL explosive sniffing doggos and the merits of 9mm versus .45 (2oo wurld warrrghs), with multiple military advisers credited.  It turns into a pretty slow burn after a hot start, but it picks up as it goes, with some dick-punching, eye-gouging, arm-biting, double... no triple-tapping action.

Not up there with Extraction, but still both better than I'd expected.

• Supporters

Yep, both were imho very good, can't see us getting a second season of the Terminal List 😟, but I'm hopeful about S2 of Reacher, there's enough books to choose from, for some reason the wife really enjoyed it too, I can't think why 🤔💪

Watched the Gray Man over on Netflix last night, pretty good, kinda Bourne/Wick lovechild 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Yep, both were imho very good, can't see us getting a second season of the Terminal List 😟, but I'm hopeful about S2 of Reacher, there's enough books to choose from, for some reason the wife really enjoyed it too, I can't think why 🤔💪

Watched the Gray Man over on Netflix last night, pretty good, kinda Bourne/Wick lovechild 

Reacher was good, far better than the films.

Terminal list I turned off after 10 minutes but might try again when winter comes and I can't find anything better to do.

Gray man was actually quite good, totally ridiculous but made me chuckle a lot and Chris Evans stole the whole movie.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Reacher was good, far better than the films.

Terminal list I turned off after 10 minutes but might try again when winter comes and I can't find anything better to do.

Gray man was actually quite good, totally ridiculous but made me chuckle a lot and Chris Evans stole the whole movie.

Terminal List gets better, stick with it for a couple of episodes and it all starts to come together. 

& yeah, Chris Evans was a nutter, even his dress sense was mental lol

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Terminal List gets better, stick with it for a couple of episodes and it all starts to come together. 

& yeah, Chris Evans was a nutter, even his dress sense was mental lol

Will do just too busy and lots to watch in my limited time that seem better. Been trying to watch season 3 of westworld for over a year and still on episode 4 because time to watch and concentrate properly is rare and my phone gets used more than my TV as I tend to be doing something else at the same time.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Terminal list I turned off after 10 minutes

It does dip in energy quite a lot after the opening, but picks up again later.

10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

He's a decent actor, but like Tom Cruise, I can't separate his religious dogma from the art.

11 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Terminal list I turned off after 10 minutes

The latter half of the season really picks up pace and was the most entertaining thing I've seen in ages. I rated it better than Reacher, which I also really enjoyed.

The action is really cool - you can see that they had real SEALs teaching the gunfighting skills. The movements were much more deliberate and methodical compared to the John Wick high-speed style of action (which was driven by a 3-gun competition guy). Nothing wrong with John Wick mind, the Chapter 4 trailer looks amazeballs.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.