Army Armament Sand Viper.

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It was only the other week I saw a video of Taran Butler showing off their latest 2011 offering. So AA haven't wasted any time in putting together this "testing sample"

I guess once you have the basic plans for a Hi-Capa, you can make the relevant aesthetic changes fairly quickly.

I picked up an AA STI Executive (be wary when Googling that!) recently. The finish leaves something to be desired but completely stock it shoots consistently around 320fps on a 0.20g and will hop a 0.25g. It's also snappy, wobble free and seemingly has decent gas efficiency. So I would definitely pick up one of these over Raven, Vorsk or even a WE.

FB_IMG_1658585187791.jpg

FB_IMG_1658585184576.jpg

I will likely get a lot of hate/er/um comments but high cappa's just don't do it for me.

Sure the "2011" section (above red line) is sharp and (almost) classy. But below that point? Bulbous and meh is all I get. 

I want to believe the colour either hasn't translated that well or is just to aid the definition of the picture...

IMG_20220729_082504.jpg

I get what you're saying
I would prefer a vanilla 1911, or even better a really good Browning Hi-Power, but the extra functionality of the newer design (bigger gas chamber for better performance in cold weather) and the mag capacity meant I (and a few others here) went the way of the TM D.O.R

46041560_TM5_1DOR.jpg.324350c575e35e7cc4fe1d9516112261.jpg

Yeah, I could do without the extra shizzle on the mag, but the gun performed brilliantly during the winter chill.
And I think it retains the 1911's good characteristics

Looks are always going to be subjective but as a rule you'd struggle to find better performing pistols (in airsoft), than Hi-Capa's. On the rare occasion most people need to use their sidearm, they don't take a moment to appreciate it's beauty. It's the whole "I like TM's but would never buy one as they have plastic slides" stance - personally I'd rather know it's less likely to crap-out when I need it.

....but yeah, as it stands the colour is waaayyy off.

• 4 months later...

This has been designated the "R615D" and the colour looks much better in the pre-order pics. I like that they include an SRO replica for only $18 more, as well.

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p51637/Army-TTI-Licensed-JW4-Sand-Viper-GBB-Pistol-with-SRO-optics/product_info.html

Will more than likely pick one up.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chai. said:

Any updates on when this will release in the UK?

Pretty much all airsoft is grey imports, you rarely get official releases shops generally just decided to stock or not stock any item if they think they can sell at a decent price. If you want one either ask a shop directly or import one yourself.

I actually have mine now, I had to import it from Asia. It's a much darker, brick-like colour than it looks in photos.

The finish is nicer than the other AA Hi-Capa I had, but the paint is still quite thin and as such has already come off in the areas which are subjected to some rubbing. I like how the outer barrel sits in the compensator, seems to make for a very flat shooter. The mag goes in smoother than any pistol I've ever had. It also has one of the most realistic (to real steel), triggers I've come across. It has just the right amount of stiffness and then a nice crisp break. It would have been nice if they included an extended silver mag like they do with the RS.

I think it would be easily distinguishable from the real thing, side-by-side but I'm happy enough with it overall, for the price. Actually my biggest gripe is something which mirrors the RS, it doesn't have any iron sights. This was especially annoying as mine came without screws for the SRO.

IMG20230107125034.jpg

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

5 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I actually have mine now, I had to import it from Asia. It's a much darker, brick-like colour than it looks in photos.

The finish is nicer than the other AA Hi-Capa I had, but the paint is still quite thin and as such has already come off in the areas which are subjected to some rubbing. I like how the outer barrel sits in the compensator, seems to make for a very flat shooter. The mag goes in smoother than any pistol I've ever had. It also has one of the most realistic (to real steel), triggers I've come across. It has just the right amount of stiffness and then a nice crisp break. It would have been nice if they included an extended silver mag like they do with the RS.

I think it would be easily distinguishable from the real thing, side-by-side but I'm happy enough with it overall, for the price. Actually my biggest gripe is something which mirrors the RS, it doesn't have any iron sights. This was especially annoying as mine came without screws for the SRO.

IMG20230107125034.jpg

Looks great, I'm tempted but I think I'll wait for AA's Pit Viper, which looks pretty much the same but in black. Oh, and it's going to be in JW4! 😆

5 hours ago, Louish118 said:

Looks great, I'm tempted but I think I'll wait for AA's Pit Viper, which looks pretty much the same but in black. Oh, and it's going to be in JW4! 😆

Plus it has iron sights! I prefer the colour of this one though as I've got many black guns.

7 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Plus it has iron sights! I prefer the colour of this one though as I've got many black guns.

That's true mate, both are stunning looking guns!

I'm waiting for the R614 to launch in the UK now. I am kicking myself I didn't pick up an R601 when they were "cheap" as I like both capa's and the JW franchise.

I saw the trailer and noticed a very 2011 looking pistol and if the R614 is going to be "the one" then I'll get it just for a wall hanger (and then use it because why wouldn't you).

As far as I'm aware, the Pit Viper is the only 'new' TTI being used in JW4, despite AA marking the Sand Viper up as JW4 gun. On TTI's website, it only mentions the Pit under the John Wick collection, which is a shame because it would've been cool to have both guns in the movie. Who knows, maybe the Sand Viper might make a surprise sighting! 😍https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-jw4-pit-viper/

On 21/01/2023 at 16:24, Louish118 said:

As far as I'm aware, the Pit Viper is the only 'new' TTI being used in JW4, despite AA marking the Sand Viper up as JW4 gun. On TTI's website, it only mentions the Pit under the John Wick collection, which is a shame because it would've been cool to have both guns in the movie. Who knows, maybe the Sand Viper might make a surprise sighting! 😍https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-jw4-pit-viper/

the pit viper is also coming out. this place in the us has them in stock ARMY TTI Licensed JW4 Pit Viper CNC Slide Hi-Capa GBB Pistol Airsoft ( Steel Internal Parts Version ) ( Black ) ( Licensed by Taran Tactical Innovations ) (jkarmy.com)

On 29/07/2022 at 08:29, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I will likely get a lot of hate/er/um comments but high cappa's just don't do it for me.

Sure the "2011" section (above red line) is sharp and (almost) classy. But below that point? Bulbous and meh is all I get. 

I want to believe the colour either hasn't translated that well or is just to aid the definition of the picture...

IMG_20220729_082504.jpg

Actually its the metal frame and separate polymer Grip that makes it a 2011.  

8 hours ago, Mrwick555 said:

Yeah, due for release in March. 

Edited by Louish118

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.