New player from Nottingham, UK.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm from Nottingham UK, 42M, ex British Armed Forces, and a fairly new Airsoft player.

I have played 3 times in Nottingham so far, have recently obtained my UKARA and purchased my first Airsoft Rifle (G&G CM16 Predator).

Thought I'd just see what this community was all about. Maybe make some new friends along the way (who knows?).

Feel free to say hi. 👋

Edited by Unreal Warfare

Welcome 🖐

If you've got a UKARA number then you're an experienced player 😉👍

I'm sure local players will say 'hi'

In the meantime have a look around.  There's loads of info, banter and bull around here 😉

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Unreal Warfare said:

Thought I'd just see what this community was all about.

Ripping the piss out of people who make poor purchases.  Sadly, with a G&G CM16, you've left us very little to work with there, it's a very solid choice. :(

Although... you wouldn't happen to have any Crye Precision gear, would you?

(Also, ahoy, and welcome)

17 hours ago, truckinthumper said:

As a Yank, I am picturing you running around Sherwood Forrest, dressed as Robin or the Sheriff :lol:

I actually like this idea of a theme. 🤣

17 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ripping the piss out of people who make poor purchases.  Sadly, with a G&G CM16, you've left us very little to work with there, it's a very solid choice. :(

Although... you wouldn't happen to have any Crye Precision gear, would you?

(Also, ahoy, and welcome)

Ah thanks for the positive feedback on weapon choice. A few of my friends who I play with recommended a G&G M4 as a first time weapon so after browsing in the local shop it came down to the Predator or the Wild Hog. I’m sure they’ve probably got some small differences but I didn’t personally see much difference between the two so went for what looked cooler. Seems pretty solid so far. 😊

That is pretty much all I have got mind. I did pick up a cheap red dot sight from Amazon (which is surprisingly semi decent for the cheap price).

Trying to find a decent length keymod pitcatinny rail (around 25-27 slot?) to go underneath it now which is proving a little difficult (other than Ali-express, lol).

Edited by Unreal Warfare
Spelling

• Supporters

The G&G CM16 / Raider guns used to be one of the default choices.  There are now better guns in terms of feature-list-to-price, but for all that the G&Gs have a basic dial hop and no bells and whistles, they do seem to work very well, with no surprises.  And performance on the field is much more important than features on the box.

I'm also a fan of cheap red dot and reflex sights for airsoft.  Unless you're running them on a blowback pistol slide, they'll hold enough zero for our purposes.

Nothing wrong with Ali Express, they'll pay the VAT and duty (or at least mark it as paid) so the stuff should come through customs more easily.  Delivery times aren't guaranteed, but with one exception, I've never had to wait more than a couple of weeks, top.

I live in Nottingham myself, it is a bit of a dead zone for airsoft. Closest site to Nottingham closed down, next nearest is 45 minutes to an hours drive and closer to that site is Derby at around 25 minutes. So its a no brainer in terms of distance.

10 minutes ago, Unreal Warfare said:

Not even aware of any sites in Derby, lol. I haven't been doing this long. 🙂

Hell's Airsoft is the only indoor site in Derby to my knowledge.

Skirmish CQB in Kirkby-in-Ashfield shouldn't be that far from Nottingham.

Edited by Krisz

5 hours ago, Krisz said:

Hell's Airsoft is the only indoor site in Derby to my knowledge.

Skirmish CQB in Kirkby-in-Ashfield shouldn't be that far from Nottingham.

By the google map, its 45 minutes drive, Derby which is a similar distance, takes me around 25 minutes.

12 hours ago, AirSniper said:

By the google map, its 45 minutes drive, Derby which is a similar distance, takes me around 25 minutes.

Skirmish CQB is an amazing site both players and marshalls are fantastic. I don't mind to drive 45-50 minutes to get there.

Hell's Airsoft was extremely dusty last time I played so I wouldn't pay for that experience again.

Skirmish CQB is great.  Hells airsoft, as others have said, is incredibly dusty and will take 5 years off your life.  

For woodland, doesn't get much better than Matlock combat games.  Had bad experiences with Pheonix Airsoft.  Anzio is close enough too and is a good experience.

There are a lot of sites locally. Phoenix as mentioned (although I find it ok), Skirmish Mansfield, Division22, Hells (dust is meh, depends who and if anyone is dragging their feet), Skirmish CQB at Kirkby, Skirmish Lutterworth (short drive). Anzio, Matlock Combat Games.

**New site opening at Dale Abbey on the road from Spondon to West Hallam - Killzone Airsoft** that opens Sept 4th.

Nice little local group though if you want in on some airsoft banter and kit p0rn

https://chat.whatsapp.com/JvQYD3HK9vRDbptDmc2SYc

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.