can anyone recommend a good DMR with an FPS of 350?

xollob

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

27 minutes ago, xollob said:

Hi there I'm looking for an accurate DMR/SNIPER rifle that I can use with no minimum engagement distance, ideally semi automatic. can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks in advance

Yes, good trigger discipline 

l06b6pwrzdGPm.gif

• Supporters
2 hours ago, xollob said:

Hi there I'm looking for an accurate DMR/SNIPER rifle that I can use with no minimum engagement distance, ideally semi automatic. can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks in advance

Have a look on Facebook at some of the sniper groups. You will get better info on there from people who run or build low fps sniper riflers and dmr's with shockingly less snarky comments than you have already got on here.

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

Yes, good trigger discipline 

l06b6pwrzdGPm.gif

Unnecessary 

Couple of things.

DMR and Sniper are quite different roles. With a sniper rifle you'll be well in excess of 1J so MED will apply. DMRs also tend to be more mobile, so it depends on what style of play you want. Sitting hiding picking off them bogeys at range or getting in about the action...

Secondly, forget FPS. You need to look at the energy instead. All dependant on what weight you'll be running. If you are sniping or DMRing you won't be using 0.2s, which I suspect is where you've gamed your "350" number from. Marksmen will be running heavyweight pellets, 0.3g minimum, prob more like 0.4. So for that you're looking less at FPS and more at what you're muzzle energy is to stay legal. Snipers will be over 2J typically so MED always applies. Even with a DMR platform locked to Semi your site will dictate what the maximum energy is.

Most AEGs that have a decent barrel length and well matched cylinder volume plus good hop will make a decent DMR. Heck my 150 quid UAR would do the job, there's folks out there who have made DMR builds out of them.

Hope this helps.

Eeezer Goode

Edited by Ebeneezer Goode

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Couple of things.

DMR and Sniper are quite different roles. With a sniper rifle you'll be well in excess of 1J so MED will apply.

Doesn't have to be over 1j as there are plenty of lower powered sniper rifles that can still give ok-ish range. Fps is important but still only part of the story. 

35 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Have a look on Facebook at some of the sniper groups. You will get better info on there from people who run or build low fps sniper riflers and dmr's with shockingly less snarky comments than you have already got on here.

Unnecessary 

Yes, forgive me for trying to make a humorous comment, especially as this forum and indeed this hobby,  is well known for its lack of humour. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Yes, forgive me for trying to make a humorous comment, especially as this forum and indeed this hobby,  is well known for its lack of humour. 

Sorry but on a post where it is what is probably a newish player is asking for guidance it reads more as a bit of an elitist mockery comment than a humorous one.

At a risk of derailing the OP's original post (or further upsetting @ImTriggerHappy- ironic name given the subject 🤣) as @Ebeneezer Goodesaid in his post, DMR and sniper are two very different roles.

As pointed out by Ebenezer, the 350 FPS limit is usually associated with .2g BBs which are almost never used used by someone using either a DMR or sniper.

If you want no MED, neither of these roles are really what you're looking at. Doesn't mean to say you can't play in that way, but it won't be in a traditional DMR or sniper role, as they generally will be using more powerful weapons shooting heavier BBs to get the greater distance associated with these roles.

Whatever you decide, play the way that makes you smile the most. That's the most important thing. Also, consider the TM MK 23 suggestion.

Bothering to tech your own gun is all about competitive advantage. With either a sniper or DMR role, the competitive advantage is the higher kinetic energy allowed that WILL carry a pellet further (if we assume that the pellet weight and hop rubber are constants). The disadvantage is that you are forsaking fully automatic fire for this privilege.

Whilst a semi-locked pew with a good hop unit, rubber, barrel and good consistency will send a pellet a good distance, you’ve no longer really got a range advantage over anyone with a decent bucking and a fun switch. In short, you may find the experience quite frustrating as you’re sprayed by aeg players.

My shortest KC02 is a 1.1J semi auto build. It reaches plenty far with a Rogueworx tdc hop unit and Maple leaf Autobot but it simply doesn’t offer me the advantage that my DMR build with the same hop set up firing at 1.8j does.

TL:DR If 1.13j is the limit, by all means make as consistent a pew with a good hop system but don’t get rid of your full auto capability if it’s an aeg 

Edited by Alimcd

As an out the box DMR a cyma M14 would be a good start, its relatively cheap has good range out the box and can be improved with a hop rubber and barrel up grade (though just cleaning the barrel will improve accuracy). It doesn't need a MED and retains full auto.

If you're looking to use your AEG with no MED by not exceeding 1.14J/350 on a 0.20 then just don't switch to full-auto. Unless you're specifically referring to a bolt action rifle? In which case you'll want to first speak to the site/s you intend to play at. Some I've been to don't let bolt action rifles engage at less than thirty metres, no matter how low powered they are. 

Cyma m14 is great out of the box, so I'll agree on that. Change out the hop rubber and nub to a better one and you'll be hitting great ranges at 1J. I have one that I have left totally stock outside of a ZCI barrel, Maple Leaf macaron and omega nub and it shoots really nicely and outranges a lot of AEGs on the field.

Anyone who says "you can't have a sniper rifle at 1.1J" has never played the role, and I'm going to nail my colours to the mast on that. Yes, I have my 2.3J BASRs, but I also have a VSR and two m14s (one electric, one HPA) set to 1.1J and all of them are "sniper rifles". I just played a whole game day yesterday with a VSR set to 1.1J and very much played like a sniper and it was very effective. Most of my shots were probably around 50m, but I did make one at 80m that made me smile, but that was all about judging trajectory and drop and dropping the shot onto the target. Playing the sniper role is more about stealth and concealment than anything and you want to be taking all of your shots where the other team have no idea where you are. Again while I was playing yesterday, I low-crawled all the way up on a rolling assault to get into each firing position to take my shots from concealment, only being spotted once but the guy couldn't hit me so it was okay. Just waited for him to be forced off by my team before moving again :D

The classification of sniper rifle and DMR is merely used as a means to set the rules on power, giving higher power in exchange for lower fire rates (semi auto or bolt action vs full auto of regular AEGs) and an MED as a trade off, but that doesn't mean you can't play the "sniper" role without a higher power gun. Yes, you will get more range with a 2.3J bolt action rifle, however for the sniper role that isn't everything. If you want to fill the marksman role, which can be done with a DMR or a BASR, then yes, you need the higher power because the whole point of a marksman in airsoft is to help the regular AEGs by offering precision, long range fire and is typically a squad-based role in more serious events like milsims. As I've already said, the sniper role is more about stealth and fieldcraft than it is about long range shots, and the satisfaction of getting hits with a 1.1J BASR is just as good as with a 2.3J BASR, which is what sniping is all about from a shooting perspective in my opinion; it's not how many you hit, but how you hit them.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now before I start ranting more. Love my 1.1J sniping I do

Although it is a somewhat confusing question, considering earlier this year the OP asked:

Posted February 13

New to the site, I did get a Ares Amoeba AS-02 Knee Capper Striker Sniper Rifle last year, and I'm finding that it comes in at 320 fps, is this normal? and if not how do I fix it?

• Supporters
14 hours ago, xollob said:

Hi there I'm looking for an accurate DMR/SNIPER rifle that I can use with no minimum engagement distance, ideally semi automatic.

Why?

I don't ask unnecessarily, but the quality of advice that you're going to receive is largely dependent on the details that you put into the question.

People do run bolt actions at low enough energies to not need a MED, but it's unusual.  And anything that's not a bolt action, and running without a MED, isn't by any stretch of the imagination, a "DMR", isn't just a regular old airsoft gun not being shot very fast.

So can you clarify what exactly you're wanting to achieve, and how you imagine that it will differ from what you already have, or how you play?

12 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Have a look on Facebook at some of the sniper groups.

I wouldn't, most of them are full of elitist fucks who recommed a stupid expensive build no matter what the original question is, or whatever flavour of the month their favourite celebrity runs.

It's the bolt action equivalent of those videos of gearboxes with pistol grips and a battery attached with a voiceover on how the gun feeds every single round at 700 RPS and never breaks.

To the OP:

If you want a "DMR" style replica, then go for it. I have never seen an M14 internally so I can't comment, but an SR25 style replica that uses a v2.5 gearbox would be a good start (avoid Ares and G&G as they use a regular V2 box but with an absurdly long nozzle).

If a 7.62 replica is not essential, you could go with a Steyr AUG replica, it's easy (and fun) to make stupid quiet.

45 minutes ago, Skara said:

To the OP:

If you want a "DMR" style replica, then go for it. I have never seen an M14 internally so I can't comment, but an SR25 style replica that uses a v2.5 gearbox would be a good start (avoid Ares and G&G as they use a regular V2 box but with an absurdly long nozzle).

If a 7.62 replica is not essential, you could go with a Steyr AUG replica, it's easy (and fun) to make stupid quiet.

I'm actually in the process of ordering and building myself a SR-25 and @Davegolf persuaded me to try it on electric before throwing an HPA engine inside. Will second the SR-25 as a great option, since the v2.5 gearbox is literally designed for these types of long guns and the Cyma platinum SR-25 seems to come with a lot of what you'd want in it out of the box, plus a quick change spring for if you decide you want to run it at higher power (the gearbox is designed to take 460fps, it's just downgraded when imported into the UK by a simple spring swap).

The thread I started is still fairly recent, and I will be documenting my journey on building it if you're interested. Doing the same thing you're looking at, so keeping it 1.1J for no MED, though I will also be experimenting with 1.64J as well, because experimentation is a great way to find hidden gems:

Ignore the fact it says HPA edition, as I'm not going with this option yet. Testing the waters making it electric first and then I'll move to HPA if electric doesn't work for me.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

LOL @Skara I’m building an AUG DMR, it’s a sensible option as it’s short, quiet as the gearbox is further muffled being in your body mass and inside a plastic body rather than metal.

it's a headmelter though, had the same thing with the f2000, sounded pretty damn loud as the shooter with your ear basically right next to the box but everyone else doesn't hear much.

ofc for silence not much is gonna beat a well tuned solenoid hpa engine with a big foam filled can, i remember lending an f2 build to a work colleague and mid game musta been only 10 feet away and the only indication he was firing was i could see his finger pulling the trigger.....

Hands down HPA is the quietest bay far, but when you factor in its a DMR and you cant fire below 25-30m anyway suddenly the AEG becomes very similar in sound signature.

My mates 'worked' P90 is almost unhearable at 10m in the woods.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hands down HPA is the quietest bay far, but when you factor in its a DMR and you cant fire below 25-30m anyway suddenly the AEG becomes very similar in sound signature.

My mates 'worked' P90 is almost unhearable at 10m in the woods.

true, and there's an argument to be made of the limited utility of even a truly silent pew given if you get a sneaky spot the first person you hit will be coming for you after respawn even if you avoid detection by his buddies.

True, quite a lot of pewers dont know where they got shot from though :D

The appeal of 'DMR' for me is not the ultimate extra range, but the effective accurate punch at 60-70m to penetrate leaf cover etc, ive had plenty of 'assualt' guns that are accurate at 65m but not enough punch.

And then the other benefit is suppresion out to 80-90m.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.