Need to cut off 10fps

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I changed the nozzle, cylinder head, piston, piston head, spring and short stroked, jumped from 340fps to about 360 on 2s. I need to shave off 10fps, would using the original non oring nozzle do it you think? The seal between cylinder head and nozzle was shocking, hence why I got the replacement parts. I didn't realise it would improve it that much.

Try 'scragging' the spring first. You'll need a long bolt or threaded rod, a nut and some washers. Put the spring in and compress it to maximum, leave it for a day or so. You may well find that it drops that 10 fps.

Shouldn't work on a good spring but airsoft springs seem to be pretty shite from what I've seen so far.

Honestly, I'm gonna try the stock nozzle first as the one I bought is about .2mm longer, and seems to be causing some feeding issues too. 

Why can't manufaturers all agree on ONE length for the nozzle on a standard m4??

On 16/07/2022 at 12:57, LazzurusMan said:

Honestly, I'm gonna try the stock nozzle first as the one I bought is about .2mm longer, and seems to be causing some feeding issues too. 

Why can't manufaturers all agree on ONE length for the nozzle on a standard m4??

That would make it too easy!

What 'M' rating spring have you got in there at the moment?

4 hours ago, Chris_B said:

What 'M' rating spring have you got in there at the moment?

It's a guarder sp120 spring.

I ended up taking about a coil and a half off to get it to about 1.1 joules. bPerfromed beautifully on sunday, outraanging most of my team, including our dedicated sniper.

But according to them I shouldn't work on airsoft guns I "Don't know how they work".

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.