Does this sound ok

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just want to know if this sounds ok regarding motor height. 

Also, I'm shocked at the trigger response and rof I'm getting with this stock g&g motor from a gen 1 cm16 raider pulling an sp120 spring 🤣

28 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

That does sound pretty screechy but tbh no one is going to care. Adds to the loudness if that's what you're after.

Not after loud, I'm after efficiency. I'll play around with the motor height, might be a little low is what I'm worried about

Nope, it does not sound okay.

Either the motor is too high or the bevel gear is shimmed too low. Or a combination of the two.

Also it's an Ares gearbox so it's shit by default.

• Supporters

protip: when testing for sound, you can initially leave out the top end (cylinder, piston, tappet etc) leaving just the gears (you can also remove the COL too)

that'll give you just the gear noise to listen to without being drowned out by other noise.

Another protip:

Test sound and motor height with the lower receiver installed, in some cases (most of them AcHkChUaLlEeE) the receiver will slightly pull the grip away from the gearbox.

If you don't take this into account when shimming/adjusting the motor, your gun will always sound like shit.

Don't need to put on all the crap, you just need the grip, rear and flora pins.

Edited by Skara

Guest KiloGr

sounda a bit scratchy,

Lower motor height incrementally, as said could be the bevel a bit too low.  As also said put lower on too as with the motor properly seated it can move it slighly 

Put a few thousand rounds and everything will settle. You might had to do some adjustments but only if it is needed. Otherwise all good tbh.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.