The 'What Have You Just Made' Thread - Off Topic Edition

Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like the Christopher Walken one.

I think he is a great actor.

12 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I like the Christopher Walken one.

I think he is a great actor.

Agreed one of my faves. Great work @Floperator very talented.

That's nice 😊

At today's prices that would work out a very expensive guitar stand lol.

Did you solder the fittings cause it's very neat if you did?

It's well thought out and different 👍

I think I might have put some 15mm lagging on the pressure points though.

It's not really a prob though cause it's a bass guitar. 🤮🤮. Lol 🤣

Regards 

All joints soldered and shined 😎

We did stick some pads made of sheet class O insulation on the contact points and along the runners at the bottom.  

This copper fixtures and furniture thing is something I might do when I retire and have nothing to do LOL.  One customer did offer me £200 to make one for her daughter - but it took most of the day plus the copper so worth about 3 times that whilst I'm still working properly.

3 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Not really the creative type... But I made this for the boy:

image.png.70974b8ab4274c060c91d7b83e4ed565.png

image.thumb.png.cfb96ae1f3e1646b6d480c8545d91513.png

image.png.d47d406688cec315f803c0ae7b71a2ca.png 

image.thumb.png.decb29d9842178a3fc0eb5c28db83b86.png

image.thumb.png.40db47f8749b7c8a5e67e4d543cff331.png

Gave it 6 coats of clear coat so it is still pretty shiny even now, nearly 3 years later.

Does the guitar ever get played?   Does it fuck.

That's some great work mate. Very original. Looks awesome. 

On 15/07/2022 at 19:45, Dan Robinson said:

Not really the creative type... But I made this for the boy:

image.png.70974b8ab4274c060c91d7b83e4ed565.png

image.thumb.png.cfb96ae1f3e1646b6d480c8545d91513.png

image.png.d47d406688cec315f803c0ae7b71a2ca.png 

image.thumb.png.decb29d9842178a3fc0eb5c28db83b86.png

image.thumb.png.40db47f8749b7c8a5e67e4d543cff331.png

Gave it 6 coats of clear coat so it is still pretty shiny even now, nearly 3 years later.

Does the guitar ever get played?   Does it fuck.

Wow it is nice dude! I play guitar too! What genre do you play? I play death and black metal:)

So, I am also a repairman of watches, cbd vape pen and other mechanisms, I sometimes repair them to order, today came one of these and I just repaired and earned, that's my part-time job. Few people do that now. do you think this kind of work is profitable at all?

Edited by petrderbikov

It's good to see someone who still repairs small mechanisms and even better, thi gs that are designed not to be fixed.

I can't play shit when it comes to musical instruments LOL.  The boy however could be great if he ever practiced.  He has just been in a showcase for his drumming academy, but I've not heard his drum kit at home in months.  Yet he knocked play g Danger Zone out of the park after only playing for 30 minutes a week since seei g the new Top Gun. 

Genre wise we both like loads of things from Babymetal to Cascada with trips over to Ramstein and Artic Monkeys.  His current favourite track is Cumberland Gap.  At the moment I'm revisiting my Happy Hard-core days from the 90's.  A shame I can't find my old tapes 😢

Thanks for the compliments on the guitar stand though.   That kind of thing is profitable if you can find an outlet for it, or have access to people who are interested in buying things made to measure.  I have customers (as a London plumber) who do very nicely making furniture, jewellery and musical instruments.  Some got there through hard work and luck.  Others by knowing the right people. 

If I ever do this for money, it will be after I've moved to Japan and can play on the eccentric foreigner thing and have no immediate worries about money and mortgages 😂😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.