Prime (i.e. ZM Trademarks) LR300

The_Original_Twig

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This was a rare and expensive conversion back in the day (the kit was £300 by itself), sadly I know that I won’t see a fraction of that back now! The gun was originally a TM SR16 and has been modified with:

- Prime LR300 kit (extra mounting pins to secure the hand guard, fixing the factory issue problem).

- G&G side-folding stock (the Prime kit came with the wrong type).

- G&G rear sling mount.

- Internally upgraded with new spring, piston, spring guide, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head, bearing, gears, TN 6.04 barrel (340-349 fps). Brand new hop rubber just fitted.

Any suggestions on what to sell it for? Whilst it is pretty to look at (00s retro chic!), I fancy something new.

BAAA00D2-D764-495F-B0A1-8D20662F6572.jpeg

Tough one this - it's very niche in the sense that'll only appeal to those who know the (relatively obscure) real steel gun and have a hankering for a replica.

I would suggest being a bit more specific with the internal parts you've fitted (spring, piston, cylinder etc) - who's the manufacturer(s)? what ratio gears etc?

It's a really nice looking bit of kit, although I can see that the stock adjustment latch is missing.

I get a number of £200-ish in my head, maybe a touch more. The Prime kit was fortune back in the day, but many airsofters wouldn't even know who Prime is/was now.

Personally I’d be starting at £300 posted with all the bits seen , £250 posted without . 

theres a lot of nostalgia still floating about this forum and a Prime LR300 certainly gets my juices flowing 😛 

• Supporters

I remember back in the day when these were a "thing", sought after & expensive, but the fact that at least 2 other manufacturers have made their own capable versions will knock your price, plus the faulty rear stock, unless your able to repair it ? 

Your only saving grace, as has been pointed out, might be the internals if they're of a suitable high quality, although I'm doubtful given that back in the day internal choices were limited & not always high quality ? 

Currently best price, £150-£200 if it works OK 

Edit, my apologies, just reread & seen the recent upgrades internally so I'm assuming it works fine, if they're a proven good quality, stick another hundred on the price so ballpark 250-300 ? 

Edited by Tackle

Thanks guys; I was thinking of starting at £300, given someone may just want it for the “official” Prime kit/markings. The internals were pretty good quality at the time: Head 1950 TN 6.04mm barrel, Hurricane high-speed gears (we didn’t really care about ratios back then!), Guarder bearing spring guide/bearing piston head/cylinder head/Teflon cylinder/Piston/HOP rubber/air nozzle/bearing high speed bushings.

I removed the stock latch as it was pretty loose new out of the box, and I thought the lines were cleaner without it - so I’ve tastefully permanently bolted the stock at that length (therefore removing all battle-rattle). Given the quality of the Prime kit, it’s a pretty solid rig.

2 minutes ago, The_Original_Twig said:

Thanks guys; I was thinking of starting at £300, given someone may just want it for the “official” Prime kit/markings. The internals were pretty good quality at the time: Head 1950 TN 6.04mm barrel, Hurricane high-speed gears (we didn’t really care about ratios back then!), Guarder bearing spring guide/bearing piston head/cylinder head/Teflon cylinder/Piston/HOP rubber/air nozzle/bearing high speed bushings.

I removed the stock latch as it was pretty loose new out of the box, and I thought the lines were cleaner without it - so I’ve tastefully permanently bolted the stock at that length (therefore removing all battle-rattle). Given the quality of the Prime kit, it’s a pretty solid rig.

So all brand-name internal stuff then - make sure you include all that in your listing. Do you still have the stock latch? If so, I would consider reinstalling it for the sale.

Have a go at £300 and if doesn't go for that - incrementally lower the price.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.