How are you setting up for chrono?

TheHowitzer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got my first HPA rifle this week and should be taking it out on Sunday

Not going to get a chance to fire it before I go so I'm just wondering how you guys would go about setting it up as it's obviously not got the hop set or any of the FCU settings dialled in. I also don't have a ballpark figure as to what the PSI should be on my regulator, I'm guessing it's just going to be a long while trying to dial it all in? 

Any tips or tricks? It's a p* jack if that helps

Thanks,

• Supporters

As impulse said, get a Chrono.

When i got into this sport and started Teching, i knew the first thing i needed was chrono to check my teching.

A Polarstar JACK, depending on nozzle would see about 60 to 80 PSI for 345FPS on .20g but there are many factors that can cause you to up to down your PSI.

I had a P* JACK in an MP5 and she needed 80PSI.

But my P* Fusion Engine in an M4 only needs 54PSI (red nozzle, red poppet and Lightning Banjo).

Point is no one is going to accuse you of running a hot gun if you go, chrono test it at site before anyone else to set it up, then at actual chrono test have it within limits and play at that.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.