The " What's Your Best / Worst Ever Purchase? " Thread

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

16 hours ago, SSPKali said:

They can’t ban you if you never play at their site

Yep, and with the bullshit they pull I doubt I ever will 

On 09/07/2022 at 11:04, Khyber said:

Worst...

Hmm... 🤔🤔 ah yes a, wait for it... Nuprol sling 🤬 fucker lost its stitching in a game and my MWS went crashing towards the ground... 😯 but managed to catch it before it hit😏 

I sew it back together myself and it's now solid but... I shouldn't have to have done that. Its true what they say about nuprol, and slings too. Don't cheap out. It is literally the thing supporting your nice expensive toy. Lesson learned.

I had a Viper sling snap at the buckle after a BB hit.  Generic AK slings are the go to now.

9 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I had a Viper sling snap at the buckle after a BB hit.  Generic AK slings are the go to now.

I have had a few months off purchasing but I do want to get a decent sling of some description at some point. For now I can trust what I have with the sewing I have done. I have the 2 bungee sections attached to my shoulders on my chest rig and both attached to a dual qd rear reciever/buffer tube mount. I like it like that as I can transition shooting hand to hand as its equal both sides.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Best - Ferro Concepts Slingster

Worst - anything made by WAS and G&G

Now how did I know you would say WAS as your worst? 🤣

41 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Now how did I know you would say WAS as your worst? 🤣

Experience - when I first started playing everyone was a WAS fanboy. I used a fair bit of their kit and it just doesn't cut the mustard (literally some bits the stitching fell apart in a matter of weeks - lemon, possibly) compared to other brands and "knock off's" for instance anything made by TMC is a fairly good trade off between repro and RS, same with Crye combat clothing - JK army do a pretty good job (all personal opinion obviously)

Edited by clumpyedge

3 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Experience - when I first started playing everyone was a WAS fanboy. I used a fair bit of their kit and it just doesn't cut the mustard (literally some bits the stitching fell apart in a matter of weeks - lemon, possibly) compared to other brands and "knock off's" for instance anything made by TMC is a fairly good trade off between repro and RS, same with Crye combat clothing - JK army do a pretty good job (all personal opinion obviously)

Very different experience to me. I'm still using the same chest rig that I bought 14 years ago and it's still showing no signs of wear outside the elastic bands used to keep straps in check (which isn't a necessary part of the kit anyway...)

7 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Very different experience to me. I'm still using the same chest rig that I bought 14 years ago and it's still showing no signs of wear outside the elastic bands used to keep straps in check (which isn't a necessary part of the kit anyway...)

As I say could have just been unlucky but it was enough to put me off buying anymore of their stuff when other repro brands at the time were doing RS repro stuff to a better standard or was cheap enough (even compared to the WAS equivalent) that when and if it did fall apart fixing it wasnt so much of an annoyance. I had one WAS plate carrier that literally just disintegrated in terms of stitching.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

As I say could have just been unlucky but it was enough to put me off buying anymore of their stuff when other repro brands at the time were doing RS repro stuff to a better standard or was cheap enough (even compared to the WAS equivalent) that when and if it did fall apart fixing it wasnt so much of an annoyance. I had one WAS plate carrier that literally just disintegrated in terms of stitching.

I think that's the thing though, the "proper" RS brands have better consistency of quality control, the repro gear is good enough and not so expensive you cry if it falls apart on you. I still have my rather old WAS 901 (the original single piece one, not the split front) and it's absolutely fine. That said, all the big bits of WAS stuff I've had I bought second hand so a lot less than retail price!

• Supporters

This is an easy one , EVERYTHING I’ve ever bought has at some time or another fitted in both categories ! TM recoils recond to be possibly the best stock AEG you can buy ? , yup I’d say so that is until you take them to a gameday then realise You've picked up ‘normal’ mags not the recoil ones and no one has any spares on site ! 🤬

New all singing all dancing plate carrier as used by seal team 6&3/4’s that you got for a screaming bargain price ? You know it’ll up your game by at least 200% ! Well it would have done if the first gameday you used it on hadn’t just so happens to be the hottest day in recorded history so you cook for the 1st two games 🥵then spend the rest of the games with either your pockets stuffed with mags or a couple of hi-caps !🤦‍♂️ And so on and so fourth ? 😭

For me;

Best purchase;

Changing over from multicam to multicam tropic. Sticks out nicely when we are all standing listening to the safety brief. Nice to be a little different. Think I have seen one other player in multicam tropic at my regular site. Come game time, I disappear in the foliage.  I have surprised many players who come up to me informing that the camouflage works very well.

Worse purchase;

There’s a few to choose from, but the AGM EGLM. The mechanisms not great or reliable. So got rid of it and replaced it with a simple GL06.

On 17/07/2022 at 21:01, Sneaky said:

For me;

Best purchase;

Changing over from multicam to multicam tropic. Sticks out nicely when we are all standing listening to the safety brief. Nice to be a little different. Think I have seen one other player in multicam tropic at my regular site. Come game time, I disappear in the foliage.  I have surprised many players who come up to me informing that the camouflage works very well.

Worse purchase;

There’s a few to choose from, but the AGM EGLM. The mechanisms not great or reliable. So got rid of it and replaced it with a simple GL06.

I'm with you on multicam tropic! My go to at the moment, but I do like mixing it up with M81 as well.

Best bit of kit. An old claymore bag. It's the little black dress of war. Goes with anything and will hold almost anything you care to take. Need 2 bottles of ammo, a spare battery, water and a pistol? No problem. 

Worst thing? 

Ummm... My WE makarov. MY makarov. With the barrel extension its too hot, with it off it shoots about 20ft and won't hop a .25. My Ct25 out shoots it all day. I love the thing but it certainly needs some work out the box. After marui's akm I really hope they make a decent makarov PM. 

• Supporters

The makarov hop unit has a limited range of motion and with we's hard compound bucking it cant lift well.

But drop an ml autobot in there and get creative with the packing you can get that bad boy to lift .48's....

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Worst :- My airsoft innovations flack 10 …. It needs the update/fix parts and AI has …. Well … effectively gone 😞

must admit my experience with AI products has definitely been on the "good idea, poorly implemented" side of things.

the kind of products that'd work great if made to decent tolerances, but then not made to the required level of tolerance.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.