M4 SA-C02 CORE Specna Arms VS AK CM.522C Cyma

TheTailor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

M4 SA-C02 CORE VS AK CM.522C Cyma

I want to take my first airsoft, after searching in almost the entire Romanian market I came to these 2, what interests me are the following aspects: performance (more specifically shooting efficiency, how far it can shoot, with 0.25 more exactly ) and durability (especially gearbox durability, I'm less interested in shock resistance)

M4 SA-C02 CORE

https://www.oqtagon.com/hu/replica-sa-c02-core-specna-arms.html

AK CM.522C Cyma

https://www.oqtagon.com/ro/replica-asalt-ak-cm-522c-cyma.html

According to this chart, the AK is a TM clone, so avoid it like the plague.

Between the two, get the Specna, more (good) parts available.

Cyma_chart-1.jpg

• Supporters

Have to disagree about the Cyma AK , having had that very same model for a good few years as one of my ‘lenders’ I can happily say yes it may be a TM clone BUT it’s certainly not even close to being as bad as those old school TM ones were back in the day . Plus as that’s one of the staple rentals of an awful lot of sites one would think it can’t be that delicate in the wider scheme of things ? 😉

To give a more detailed answer, I have a C-02, currently there is not much left from the stock gun, but:

The gearbox casing is fine for the money, runs on solid steel bushings and has a quick change spring guide, the gears are okay, standard 18:1 ratio, compression isn't the greatest but nothing that a new nozzle (with o-ring) and new piston head o-ring can't fix, motor is the standard ferrite piece of junk. Cylinder and cylinder head are good and together they provide good seal, so no need to replace those. My gun is, in fact, still running those two parts after two years and many upgrades.

Hop unit is okay, won't perform as good as a Maxx, but it's serviceable. Barrel is actually decent and hop rubber I have no idea, but I guess it'll lift 0.25s just fine.

Overall, for the price, it's hard to beat and with just a few parts changed you will have a nice budget shooter.

23 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Plus as that’s one of the staple rentals of an awful lot of sites one would think it can’t be that delicate in the wider scheme of things ? 😉

Probably because it's dirt cheap and not a big loss if it cracks in half. As long as it fires, it's fine for a rental, but to be brutally honest it is not a gun I would spend my hard earned on, especially given the amount of VFC based AKs cyma makes.

Edited by Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.