Night Games?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My local site is driverwood near Crawley. They run night games on Wednesday. When it gets dark early I think they are brilliant. 

They've spent a lot of money on lighting round the perimeter which changes colour, a audio system that pipes in effects and smoke machines.

I run a very old Lenser LED torch rigged up to a  pressure switch, it has a easy adjustable slide focus (common on torches these days) and will light up something 200m away.....over kill maybe but I've found a quick press and a burst of BBS and it acts like a tracer. I also get into cover and light a area up and team mates still hiding in the shadows can pick enemies off easily. 

IMG_20211017_183926.jpg

IMG_20211017_184000.jpg

5 minutes ago, Floperator said:

C-6nu5TXgAA17DB.jpg.27e30f32d7e24212c50020eea587b056.jpg20220708_225429.thumb.jpg.81fa14a6d63a70d5b61dbcea220f4713.jpg20220708_225453.thumb.jpg.cc73440618d109bf296686b81e98cefe.jpg20220708_225516.thumb.jpg.9a6c4776816d11c9ae057ed25b386650.jpg20220708_225716.thumb.jpg.cc0fe395876b891b2a51628b4503e49f.jpg20220708_225859.thumb.jpg.08c7e1d94172536b4dd49729b0fbee68.jpg20220708_225908.thumb.jpg.141fd848883ba90463f09c7dc67373ab.jpg

20220708_225726.jpg

thats smart as fuck

18 minutes ago, parramoom said:

thats smart as fuck

I'm so pleased with myself.

Had the idea 2 days ago, got the glowsticks at work today. Just got in from the pub, frankly smashed, amd couldn't wait to see if it worked or not. Can't get sensible pic with the lights off but the reticle's as bright as you like even in pitch darkness.

5 hours ago, Stevobeavo said:

My local site is driverwood near Crawley. They run night games on Wednesday. When it gets dark early I think they are brilliant. 

They've spent a lot of money on lighting round the perimeter which changes colour, a audio system that pipes in effects and smoke machines.

I run a very old Lenser LED torch rigged up to a  pressure switch, it has a easy adjustable slide focus (common on torches these days) and will light up something 200m away.....over kill maybe but I've found a quick press and a burst of BBS and it acts like a tracer. I also get into cover and light a area up and team mates still hiding in the shadows can pick enemies off easily. 

IMG_20211017_183926.jpg

IMG_20211017_184000.jpg

I have a Ledray 6 that's ancient and still pretty amazing.   Bought it from a mate who used it mounted on his foxing rifle.  It is bloody tough.  

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Biggest tip I can offer for playing at night is that if you stay absolutely completely still, it's possible for people wearing some of the best tech you can buy to miss you completely!

Before you move position, any position, take a moment to listen about what's happening around you - is an AEG rattling off in the distance, or is it closer? Any twigs snapping? Small animals don't snap twigs, deer/badgers/humans do.

NODS help you spot movement first, ID target second. Folks tend to rely on the first.

49 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

*Laughs in thermal imaging*

😛 

Love to be there when someones £3k thermal goggles get shattered by someone elses sub-1pence bb.

4 minutes ago, Floperator said:

Can thermals see through lexan?

Probably not, another germanium lens would probably be better lol  so I guess that means your 3k fantasy might come true one day :D

What a rollercoaster.

So got my cheapy torch and mount, finally got some more lighting gels and got it to a respectably redder shade of red, and was playing with it last night when it suddenly stopped working with the lead/pressure switch. Fine with the fixed tail cap..

Played around with it a bit and the wires just came right out of the back of the torch end. FFS.

So I've had to bring it to work today, re-solder it, and chuck a load of araldite in there to stop it moving around or pulling on the solder joint. While I was at it I brought in a similar tail switch that I got as part of a bundle earlier this year, that never worked. When I opened that up it wasn't even soldered on, some shitwit had tried to hot-glue the fucking wires on! On my life!

It got the same treatment as the other remote switch.

I also had to get the dremel on the mount because the massive burrs around the crosspin meant that it wasn't sitting on the rail solidly.

Upsides: I now have a working torch with two working remote switches.

I technically got paid to fix it.

It went wrong last night and not during the game.

Downsides: it was a right old faff. I didn't want to buy a super-duper torch because I don't know if this night game thing will be for me, but for the love of god if you are going to do it properly then don't be a twat like me, shell out more than £15 for your torch and mount 😂

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Floperator said:

Played around with it a bit and the wires just came right out of the back of the torch end. FFS

Those feels.

Yeaaaah, they're not great.  I've got two that have failed inside the torch end, but they're potted in.  So I bought a couple of replacements from AliExpress, only to find that the diameters are slightly different to both of my white LED pressure-switch torches.  Now I have a pressure switch on my red LED one that I rarely use.  Airsoft, innit.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Those feels.

Yeaaaah, they're not great.  I've got two that have failed inside the torch end, but they're potted in.  So I bought a couple of replacements from AliExpress, only to find that the diameters are slightly different to both of my white LED pressure-switch torches.  Now I have a pressure switch on my red LED one that I rarely use.  Airsoft, innit.

If you still have them send them to me if you want, and I'll have a go at fixing them. Mine looked like sealed units but they weren't sealed enough for the determined 😉 

£40 a decade ago for my 2nd hand Ledray.  £12 for the ultra reliable Chinese red led cheapy that I bought last year.   

Reading this I think that I got lucky! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.