Told to leave site (Anzio)...

Kls77

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if there's one thing this forum likes it's a good ol' debate :P

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times... or at least I will do given sufficient time. ;) 

1 minute ago, Floperator said:

OP just did the equivalent of chucking a copy of the Daily Mail into the cafeteria of a nursing home and then just ran for the hills while we all got high blood pressure.

I'm immensely relaxed about chrono spats.  Heck, I might even do some flowcharts. :D 

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

is it made of diamonds and does it crap rainbows?

because if so i'm definitely interested!

I’ve gotta ‘see a man about a dog’ and I’ll let you know .

54CA7487-35C1-48F6-94DB-B0C0D8753B2E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2022 at 19:25, Kls77 said:

Yesterday at certain well known site mate was randomly chronod with his hpa m4. And was told to leave as was told it was running hot thru joule creep  . No if or Buts . So as I was his passenger I had to leave too . 130 round miles trip and one HR played ??

His gun was chrono at start . Asked what BB he was using and he said .25 and all passed 

Now site owner collared him . Asked to chrono and asked again what weight BBS he was using (he replied .25kso can convert . It passed again but had some diference in reading . So site owner said I will put some of my BBS in ( 0.3g) and asked him to fire again . Which took him over the limit thru joule creep so was asked to leave straight away as that was the rules !! I was there and tried to explain that his BBS had took it over as it was set to .25 ? But he explained how can he trust people to not change the weight of BBS to gain advantage ?? 

So he was trusting us in first place to tell him  about what BBs we was using to chrono in morning ( which we did  ) then he basically goes against it when random chronos 

Yesi know the site has rules and yes they was explained on there forums . Website and breifing .  Tbh I didn't even argue i just spoke calmly about it to them and accepted it ( so did my mate ) 

So who do we think is in the wrong ?

With no FPS information, its hard to say.

If you remember the FPS on the initial chrono session with 0.25g BB's, then pop in the figures in the top section.

In the bottom section, select 0.3g BB's and see the results of what the fps should be and if on second chrono there was any higher reading, then there was either something wrong :

With the chrono - like low battery, dirt, light, too bright 

The way the chrono was used - in all chrono's I have used, 100mm must be between the barrel and the chron to prevent readings that are skewed.

The wrong setting was used for BB weight, something I have experimented with to show that the wrong setting skews true FPS.

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/airsoft-fps-calculator

is a good tool to see this in action.

I hope you had a refund as you would be entitled to one with being told to leave the site, if you didn't, ask for one and when they respond, positively I hope, saves you then going to your bank or credit card to force a refund through taking out an indemnity against them. You also have trading standards that you can use as a way of validating your rights on this because more often than not, site rules and policy is quoted and that is not the law. To diminish your rights as a consumer is an offence for which trading standards can take action on the matter and they get a very nasty surprise, could even be fined harshly for unfair trading practices, such things have shut business down in the past.

I hope you get justice.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Reminder to self: don't be tempted to click on "Show this post", it will only remind you why you've got some people blocked for the good of your blood pressure and sanity.

Amen, not just me then lol🙄

10 hours ago, AirSniper said:

With no FPS information, its hard to say.

If you remember the FPS on the initial chrono session with 0.25g BB's, then pop in the figures in the top section.

In the bottom section, select 0.3g BB's and see the results of what the fps should be and if on second chrono there was any higher reading, then there was either something wrong :

The way the chrono was used - in all chrono's I have used, 100mm must be between the barrel and the chron to prevent readings that are skewed.

The wrong setting was used for BB weight, something I have experimented with to show that the wrong setting skews true FPS.

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/airsoft-fps-calculator

is a good tool to see this in action.

I hope you had a refund as you would be entitled to one with being told to leave the site, if you didn't, ask for one and when they respond, positively I hope, saves you then going to your bank or credit card to force a refund through taking out an indemnity against them. You also have trading standards that you can use as a way of validating your rights on this because more often than not, site rules and policy is quoted and that is not the law. To diminish your rights as a consumer is an offence for which trading standards can take action on the matter and they get a very nasty surprise, could even be fined harshly for unfair trading practices, such things have shut business down in the past.

I hope you get justice.

You seem to have missed the point somewhat.

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Reminder to self: don't be tempted to click on "Show this post", it will only remind you why you've got some people blocked for the good of your blood pressure and sanity.

Me too 🤣🤣

• Supporters
On 20/07/2022 at 21:18, AirSniper said:

if on second chrono there was any higher reading, then there was either something wrong :

let's assume all of anzio's chronographs are well maintained, regularly calibrated machines that will always report the fps figures with 100% accuracy even if the muzzle is not perfectly aligned, and that for each reading the chrono was set to the correct ammo weight.

what do you think would happen in the op's case?

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

let's assume all of anzio's chronographs are well maintained, regularly calibrated machines that will always report the fps figures with 100% accuracy even if the muzzle is not perfectly aligned, and that for each reading the chrono was set to the correct ammo weight.

what do you think would happen in the op's case?

If the chronograph was accurate and calibrated, the misuse of it as in ignoring the instructions on leaving a gap, the outgassing or air being pushed out by the AEG can give a misreading which can be higher than it actually is because the air is moving faster past the BB and these sensors can be prematurely tripped.

There are two sensors a set distance, so if air rushing past is enough to trip the second sensor before the BB passes, what do you think will happen?

This is why there has to be a 100mm gap from barrel tip to the opening of the chrono.

Unless you use an FX chronograph that fits on the barrel of a gun or rifle or RIF, you will be getting misreadings, at least an FX chronograph is radar based and not light sensor based.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

If the chronograph was accurate and calibrated, the misuse of it as in ignoring the instructions on leaving a gap, the outgassing or air being pushed out by the AEG can give a misreading which can be higher than it actually is because the air is moving faster past the BB and these sensors can be prematurely tripped.

i did say the theoretical chrono (that i'm only using to illustrate a point) isn't affected by barrel alignment.

however if you'd rather we take it so literally then lets assume anzio chrono's also have a barrel mounting for perfect alignment/distance from the muzzle.....

• Supporters

Lol, could you imagine if sites did insist you have your barrel four inches from the chrono, they'd have to buy a new one every week due to all the cross-eyed cack handed "operators" shooting the shit of them🤣

• Supporters
13 hours ago, JonathanHammond said:

was surprised HPA was 328fps and AEG was 350fps

They're quiet  fairly clear about it in their published rules, although I do wish they'd knock off the legacy "fps" nonsense and start thinking and talking only in terms of Joules - and actually get the numbers right.  Their "variance" jibba-jabba is unnecessarily confusing. All they need to say is:

Electric, gas, CO2: 1.13J

DMR: 1.49J, semi locked, 20m MED

Bolt action: 2.31J, 20m MED

Any HPA: 1J

Edited by Rogerborg
Actually, they're not THAT clear about it

12 hours ago, JonathanHammond said:

I went to Anzio in Wrexham and was surprised HPA was 328fps and AEG was 350fps

Wtf? I'd love to hear their excuse for that

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Wtf? I'd love to hear their excuse for that

I'd also like to hear the casus belli, since there there doesn't seem to be any thinking behind their peculiar limits. Since HPA is regulated it shouldn't creep up over the day.  Contrast with propane or CO2 which are likely to do it as temperatures rise. But they don't limit those to 1J at pre-game chrono.

They may have had some incident where an HPA player "nudged" their regulator, or they may just not like seeing Proton Pack guns, but are too indecisive to actually ban them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.