New bevel gear?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is this bad? This is what the bevel gear looked like when I took it out after my Sig ate it's last piston (won't name and shame, but a very reputable shop put in a half steel piston with polymer pickup and didn't seem to do any kind of aoe correction. When I opened the GB the read of the piston had nearly been ripped off). The Sig went through maybe half a days skirmish before it ate the piston, and these were apparently brand new gears out in. Should I replace the gear/gear set or is this normal wear?

IMG20220702061526.jpg

IMG20220702061533.jpg

IMG20220702061541.jpg

IMG20220702061548.jpg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, LazzurusMan said:

Is this bad? This is what the bevel gear looked like when I took it out after my Sig ate it's last piston (won't name and shame, but a very reputable shop put in a half steel piston with polymer pickup and didn't seem to do any kind of aoe correction. When I opened the GB the read of the piston had nearly been ripped off). The Sig went through maybe half a days skirmish before it ate the piston, and these were apparently brand new gears out in. Should I replace the gear/gear set or is this normal wear?

IMG20220702061526.jpg

IMG20220702061533.jpg

IMG20220702061541.jpg

IMG20220702061548.jpg

Yeah...that's fucked.

Cheers guys. I put it all back together just to test if my rewire had worked, and now that I know the new motor and electrics work, I can pick up a new gear set (tempted to go with 13.1 instead of 16.1) and hopefully I'll also find my buffer tube so I can have it back together and fixed.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.