VSR 10 Not cocking back

KiloGr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

i have a JG bar 10 which is upgraded with AA hop unit, AA trigger and piston set and a couple of other bits. 

i installed a rapax 2j spring in it yesterday and had to cut a couple of coils, now I find that I have to yank it really hard back for it to properly cock and hold to shoot. It’s not slam firing once it’s cocked, it just doesn’t like to lock without a lot of force at the end of the bolt pull. 

do I need to adjust the sear height? Is there something else I can do to stop this from happening?

thanks

32 minutes ago, Floperator said:

Is the spring coil bound?

Im not sure what that means

2 hours ago, KiloGr said:

Im not sure what that means

When it's too long for the compression tube and the coils start to bind on each other when you try to compress the spring.

On 01/07/2022 at 14:32, Floperator said:

When it's too long for the compression tube and the coils start to bind on each other when you try to compress the spring.

Ohhh right ok, so you reckon the spring is too long?

Yeah it might not be by much, but if the coils bind it can create a lot of friction. You can often feel or hear it at the end of the cocking stroke.

Did you collapse the last coil when you cut it down?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.