"mess around" gun

mirinjawbro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

what sniper can people recommend that i can use as a base to install a better trigger/ spring / cylinder - (pretty much everything)

this will be used to work on during boring days WFH.

im assuming something like a vsr10 copy?

the only thing staying would pretty much be the body and outer barrel assembly. 

- also best site to buy upgrades?  

thanks

The range on after market/upgrade parts for bolt actions is (almost) limitless. So as to the body, use what you like the (external) look of, and if you are stripping almost everything- going cheap (shouldn't) harm the build itself. 

As to parts, looking around will get you best deal, but fewer or single store will keep postage down. There is a "where to buy" thread which is really useful.

I know that is all quite general, but hope it helps

• Supporters

The MB-03 uses a non-VSR cylinder, piston and spring.  The piston and springs are easily enough sourced.  The trigger groups are trash though, my spring guide stopper wallered out in short order after springing up to 2.3J

If you're genuinely planning on replacing everything internal, that's not a concern, but it works out as much or more than going straight to an SSG-10 or SRS, or starting with an AAC T-11 with a decent 90-degree trigger.

Well VSRs are not TM spec, don't force yourself to buy non standard parts.

Cyma makes decent VSR repros, of course being TM clones they will need pretty much everything replaced, but at least they're compatible with most parts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.