Super-general-purpose do-everything mag pouches...?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 minutes ago, Skara said:

Oh wow, totally not a KYWI clone.

Warrior steal every product design, tweak it (often making it slightly different or worse) and resell it…I don’t think they’ve ever done anything original.

On 01/07/2022 at 13:45, Wavey_Gravey said:

Warrior steal every product design, tweak it (often making it slightly different or worse) and resell it…I don’t think they’ve ever done anything original.

How dare you say that about the brand I have just invested (checks receipt...) £77.75 in!   I am totally invested!

1117510036_HowVeryDareYou.jpg.1aee711707557a1c4ec2599ae818af09.jpg

And now that I have bought the darned things, about 27 flavours of high quality mag pouches at bargain prices will inevitably pop up in the classifieds.

It's always the way...

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Reduced image size

10 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

It's a well known fact :D

Though I didn't think they'd copy ESSTAC too, only the mainstream brands like Crye and Eagle!

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Skara said:

Oh wow, totally not a KYWI clone.

partridge-i-dont-know.gif.d75e12f9b21c36201769a3e2327a877e.gif

45 minutes ago, Skara said:

It's a well known fact :D

Though I didn't think they'd copy ESSTAC too, only the mainstream brands like Crye and Eagle!

Pretty much everyone makes a pouch with a Kydex insert now. Are they all copying ESSTACs homework? Of course they are. Do they get as much stick for it as WAS do? No, of course not. They are all serving a market that thrives on copying innovations from other people and rebranding it to suit their product range. That said, at least the WAS kydex pouches don't need fucking MALICE clips to hold them on!

I have one of the double warrior quick mag pouches. They do work or m14/scar h/ 308 magazines but I don't like it as much as using an AK pouch, specifically the open bungee style with the bungee removed and a kydex insert.

The reason I prefer the ak pouch for the 308 mags is that the double taco type looses some grip once one of the magazines is out of the pouch.

6 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

I have one of the double warrior quick mag pouches. They do work or m14/scar h/ 308 magazines but I don't like it as much as using an AK pouch, specifically the open bungee style with the bungee removed and a kydex insert.

The reason I prefer the ak pouch for the 308 mags is that the double taco type looses some grip once one of the magazines is out of the pouch.

Hmmm.  Ok, thanks for that info, it's something I'll test out once they arrive.   I've got Distance Selling Regs so I can always send 'em back and go back to the cheaper Viper Elite single mag pouches instead.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Not something I noticed with the WAS ones but YMMV.

WAS Pouches received this morning and tested - off the belt so far...

Well, they can definitely hold all 3 types of my mags.  And AK mags too I should imagine.
They can grip very well, even with just one STANAG mag in there, but that's dependent on the bungee tightness, naturally.   Now I've slackened it off to let the M14 mags get in a little easier, it could definitely lose a single STANAG, so I'll install the retention loops too.

The M14 mags will be a bit of a 'mare to re-insert once this is on my belt and on me, but it's do-able, and better than not having anything... but it's not a perfect set up.  Maybe I should try to find full polymer pouches, if there is such a thing that will stretch to the full M14 size.

I'll have to do a full install and trial before I decide whether to keep them.

The double pistol pouch is a very snug fit with my hi-capa mags.  I don't think I need the retention loops for those, which is good because they're really hard work to get over the base of the mags.

If you want polymer 'pouches' the fastmag heavy pouch is awesome.

I have one which I have on a horizontal dangler connected to the rear of my rpc. Really easy to draw and reinsert my 308 mags and its never once slipped a mag.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

WAS Pouches received this morning and tested - off the belt so far...

Well, they can definitely hold all 3 types of my mags.  And AK mags too I should imagine.
They can grip very well, even with just one STANAG mag in there, but that's dependent on the bungee tightness, naturally.   Now I've slackened it off to let the M14 mags get in a little easier, it could definitely lose a single STANAG, so I'll install the retention loops too.

The M14 mags will be a bit of a 'mare to re-insert once this is on my belt and on me, but it's do-able, and better than not having anything... but it's not a perfect set up.  Maybe I should try to find full polymer pouches, if there is such a thing that will stretch to the full M14 size.

I'll have to do a full install and trial before I decide whether to keep them.

The double pistol pouch is a very snug fit with my hi-capa mags.  I don't think I need the retention loops for those, which is good because they're really hard work to get over the base of the mags.

I find that if you "rock" the mag into place (kind of like when you're putting it in the rifle) they go into pouches much easier than if you just try and stuff them in. Personally I have mine adjusted for a snug fit on M14 mags and haven't had any issues losing M4 mags.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

I find that if you "rock" the mag into place (kind of like when you're putting it in the rifle) they go into pouches much easier than if you just try and stuff them in. Personally I have mine adjusted for a snug fit on M14 mags and haven't had any issues losing M4 mags.

Yeah that's pretty much the only way to get them in at the moment!  But even then it still needs me pulling the pouch outwards to get enough wriggle-room to wriggle them in.

The M4 mag is definitely just loose enough (when only one in the pouch) to make me nervous - but I'll try it on the belt as that might make a difference.

I have a full polymer mag pouch in the loft.   The first one I bought when I came back to airsoft - it had good retention and yet was still super-slick to pull from, and to re-insert into - I only binned it because it didn't have a proper MOLLE fitting on it.  I'm going to go find it and try it just to see if I should find something similar on AliExpress.
The nearest I've found to it in the usual shops is this Nuprol one, out of stock...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-m4-open-mag-pouch-v2

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I have a full polymer mag pouch in the loft.   The first one I bought when I came back to airsoft - it had good retention and yet was still super-slick to pull from, and to re-insert into - I only binned it because it didn't have a proper MOLLE fitting on it.  I'm going to go find it and try it just to see if I should find something similar on AliExpress.
The nearest I've found to it in the usual shops is this Nuprol one, out of stock...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-m4-open-mag-pouch-v2

You could do worse than try an ESSTAC style 7.62 pouch with the kydex insert. That'll hold the bigger mags and still retain an M4 mag, alternatively you could double stack two single taco pouches so they have their own bungee adjustment but that gets expensive and sticks out quite a bit.

Riiiiiiight...

So I found the very first mag pouch I bought, but discarded (not having a proper MOLLE attachment)... it actually works great for M4 (as expected) and AUG mags, and it's workable with the M14 mags once the bungee is well loosened off.
So I've ordered 4 of these from AliExpress, hoping that mine is in fact the 7.62 version   
You can see the construction from the grey version, I ordered green.

1446443283_Magpouch.jpg.169c51ad72abcd0fc92d19cf93acc39d.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001220175776.html
£3.50 each!  Plus a tenner for postage for the 4 of 'em.

The only problem I've got now is it'll take a month to turn up.  Should I return the WAS pouches for a refund?  I guess I should, I could always re-order them.

Dunno why I thanked you for finding yet more ways to spend my money.

Remind me next time we're at Spec Ops (and I've worked out which face to put to the name). LOL.

47 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Dunno why I thanked you for finding yet more ways to spend my money.

Remind me next time we're at Spec Ops (and I've worked out which face to put to the name). LOL.

I am sorry, it was only when I saw a pic of your son's hat that yeah we've seen each other a lot but hadn't connected the dots...

I'll try to put my 'Ross B' name badge on, but here's me as you mostly see me, and me with specs on in that there "Real Life"...

ThatsMe.jpg.3cd61f595dff998c729c6822676f1a85.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.