Starting Out - First Airsoft Rif??

Raddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, i am just starting airsoft and want to know what reasonable priced Rif would be best?

Ideally i want M4 Variant

I know Mosfet's can be added but I would personally like them to already be added, and i dont know what Deans wiring is?

I am new to airsoft but ex forces, i just want the right rifle which will work for me.

I have around £400 to spend and would like to  be able to get the Rif/Scope/Torch/Hand-Grip and maybe an extra battery and some mags!

Please help - Thank You

Deans is just a better plug type than the normal mini Tamiya.  Easy enough to change if your RIF doesn't come with one, but starting out its not thing to panic about.

What RIF is best for you?  I'm still a noob, so take my advice as such, but I have a Specna Arms Core SA C12 which has a MOSFET and has served me pretty well for both Woodland and CQB.

Unless you have UKARA though you'll have to get a two tone.  But that gun was sensibly priced (IMHO) and leaves you plenty for the rest of your kit.  Don't forget a smart charger if you get LiPo batteries.

Probably best to rent for a few games to get eligible for UKARA then you can spend money on a normal colour, plus you'll know better what style of play you want to go down.  You might find you don't need a hand grip, but want to get a plate carrier and pouches.

One thing I learnt the hard way is to not go cheap on the speedloaders.  You'll only end up buying two or three cheap ones when you might as well have just got an Odin.

Welcome @Raddy

Of course this question has been asked a few times already so the first thing is to do some searches and read as much as you can.

As our new member Dan said, next would be to play the three games so you can be registered in the UKARA database.  This has multiple benefits.  The obvious one being that you can then buy a realistic looking thing (RIF)😁.  (Otherwise it has to be bright red, blue etc.)

Another benefit is that you'll get some experience on how you like to play and what style you'll like.  You already have a preference for an M4 but you can get long DMR type or short and light for sneaky attacks etc.

I also have a SpecnaArms (SA-E03) which I'm very happy with performance wise.  (It could benefit from upgrades of course but plenty to have fun out of the box)

Other manufacturers to look at in that budget would be JG, CYMA, Double Eagle

Remember to budget for:

-Extra batteries (x2 Li-Po 7.4v 1400mAh or similar) (Deans is a better plug type if you can do some soldering)

-Intelligent charger (SkyRC S65 is popular recommendation)

-Boots with ankle support (you may already have)

-Eye protection (search and read for info)

-and other bits like carrier kit and BB's etc.

Edited by EDcase

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Deans is just a better plug type than the normal mini Tamiya.  Easy enough to change if your RIF doesn't come with one, but starting out its not thing to panic about.

What RIF is best for you?  I'm still a noob, so take my advice as such, but I have a Specna Arms Core SA C12 which has a MOSFET and has served me pretty well for both Woodland and CQB.

Unless you have UKARA though you'll have to get a two tone.  But that gun was sensibly priced (IMHO) and leaves you plenty for the rest of your kit.  Don't forget a smart charger if you get LiPo batteries.

Probably best to rent for a few games to get eligible for UKARA then you can spend money on a normal colour, plus you'll know better what style of play you want to go down.  You might find you don't need a hand grip, but want to get a plate carrier and pouches.

One thing I learnt the hard way is to not go cheap on the speedloaders.  You'll only end up buying two or three cheap ones when you might as well have just got an Odin.

hey, i have all my body armour and stuff from army days and i am going to re-use them, thats good info about not needing one straight away a deans, and my friend is gifting me one so i dont need a UKARA first, but i think ill get my 3 games in before hand, and Odin for speedloader then?

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Welcome @Raddy

Of course this question has been asked a few times already so the first thing is to do some searches and read as much as you can.

As our new member Dan said, next would be to play the three games so you can be registered in the UKARA database.  This has multiple benefits.  The obvious one being that you can then buy a realistic looking thing (RIF)😁.  (Otherwise it has to be bright red, blue etc.)

Another benefit is that you'll get some experience on how you like to play and what style you'll like.  You already have a preference for an M4 but you can get long DMR type or short and light for sneaky attacks etc.

I also have a SpecnaArms (SA-E03) which I'm very happy with performance wise.  (It could benefit from upgrades of course but plenty to have fun out of the box)

Other manufacturers to look at in that budget would be JG, CYMA, Double Eagle

Remember to budget for:

-Extra batteries (x2 Li-Po 7.4v 1400mAh or similar) (Deans is a better plug type if you can do some soldering)

-Intelligent charger (SkyRC S60 is popular recommendation)

-Boots with ankle support (you may already have)

-Eye protection (search and read for info)

-and other bits like carrier kit and BB's etc.

Hi, i was just wanting the same setup i had when i was in the army ideally, yeah looked at stuff like Specna Arms varients - Tokyo Marui - G&G - AFC Avalons(like the look of those alot but none about) Krytac Trident mk2, i have looked at sooooo many RiF's in the past 2-3 days my mine has gone to pot, i would be wanting to buy extra batteries, i already have my boots and eye protection just need maybe a carrier and some 2.5 BB's and good to know about the charger.

• Supporters

"Mosfet" covers a wide range of things.  Specna Arms EDGE and I think now all the CORE models have a very basic mosfet that just offers trigger protection and better current flow.

If you go up to the Specna Arms EDGE 2.0 models, or the Double Eagle M9xx, then you'll get a fire control system with a lot more options like burst modes.

If that's what you're after, then those are the two that I'd suggest.  They also have decent hop units and quick change springs so you can fine tune the power easily, and both of them have Deans connectors. The Double Eagles are a bit cheaper, although at the moment it's a case of buying whatever's in stock.

6 hours ago, EDcase said:

SkyRC S60

Or the S65, e.g. https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/438918

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.