NUPROL 60W Smart Charger how to use

Nordy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nuprol make nothing, they just add their stickers to other companies products and add a chunk onto the RRP for the privilege.

Here is a manual for the same charger, with another sticker/logo on it.

https://www.overlander.co.uk/pub/media/downloads/VSRmini_Manual_V3.pdf

Your settings for this battery will be:

LiPo Balance Charge

1.4A

7.4v (2S)

Your battery has a mini-tamiya Connector - which won't work with this charger unless you buy an adapter.

Once you receive said adapter, you will need to de-pin the wires on the mini-tamiya end (using a pin or the inside of a biro inner ink tube) and swap them over, reversing polarity for Airsoft use.

image.png.5c908604f384f5297331fd4d214bb178.png

Once reversed, plug the yellow end into the yellow socket on the charger, connect the battery to the adapter's mini-tamiya connector, and the balance lead on the battery into the balance port on the charger.

image.png.e3f7bf1ceb27eb242e98335c57e2e160.png

Start charging and away you go. The charger will beep when it's finished, generally around an hour depending on how good the balance logic is and the condition of your LiPo's cells.

Really important -  Never, ever, charge unattended. LiPo fires are not something to be taken lightly. I have seen garages and bedrooms gutted by LiPo fires local to me. It's very rare, but you don't want to set a battery on charge, pop out for 10minutes, and come back to your house burning down. There are safety products, such as LiPo bags, to use while you are charging if you want some piece of mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Best instructions for any Charger with Nuprol on it

1) Throw it in the bin

2) Buy anything with SkyRC written on it instead

The number of lipo fires and blow ups that feature Nuprol chargers is very worrying. They rebrand the cheapest of the cheap for maximum markup and the components fail and the circuits don't detect full charge so keep on pumping electrons in

55 minutes ago, MadMole said:

Best instructions for any Charger with Nuprol on it

1) Throw it in the bin

2) Buy anything with SkyRC written on it instead

The number of lipo fires and blow ups that feature Nuprol chargers is very worrying. They rebrand the cheapest of the cheap for maximum markup and the components fail and the circuits don't detect full charge so keep on pumping electrons in

Whilst I agree with your sentiment generally about Nuprol, this particular charger is actually reasonably decent - it's a rebranded 'GT Power' unit that is sold under various brands such as Overlander, Konect and RC Plus. If my only use for it was to charge a couple of Airsoft batteries, and I already bought/owned it, then I would keep using it - there be little gain switching to another brand.

Edited by Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.