Is this suitable as a first AEG?

Guest USEC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been playing airsoft for a couple of months with around 6 of my friends and we've got the bug. I'm going to get my ukara soon and will be looking to purchase my first AEG.

Please note that I have been reading reviews on Youtube and forum threads on here and my top 3 choices thus far for simple price/performance have been G&G Combat Machine Raider, Specna Arms EDGE M4, Double Eagle M90X M4.

BUT... that was until I discovered the KWA RM4 RONIN T10 TACTICAL AEG SBR..

Now let me explain. Some guy was kind enough to let me shoot his WE G17 GBB pistol at my last airsoft day, and I just fell in love with the recoil on every shot. Which brings me to want to grab the KWA.

Now the other 'PRO's that I see with the KWA are that it seems to be so reliable and accurate and ready out of the box, with great build quality, the recoil aspect is a bonus and that it should be good to go for a long time. 
I guess I should also note that I am quite practical in terms of just being concerned with getting a rifle that is nicely accurate at moderate distances without caring much about the more niche aspects like fire rate, sounds, etc.. the thing's that don't actually make you a better player haha.

I guess what I'm asking is for experienced people's opinions on whether this would be a worth while investment, and if anyone has had any experience with the KWA. I'd be also interested in hearing why some of you might say 'Nah just go for the G&G/Specna Edge/DEM90X'

Note: I would be making the 'necessary' upgrades to the hop rubbers etc if I bought one of the three cheaper options I have mentioned.

Note 2: I see that there is quite a price difference between my more budget mentions and the KWA, but I'm not too concerned about that as I'm lucky enough to have overtime in work that I could buy the KWA after a day's overtime.

Cheers :)

KWA: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/kwa-ronin-tactical-t10-sbr-aeg-3-0   
G&G: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-combat-machine-cm16-raider-l?pv=2439 
Specna: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-e06-edge-carbine?pv=9476 (or similar) 
DE: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m904l-fire-control-system-edition?pv=15422

• Supporters

If you like it and can afford it, I see no reason why not. I assume you'll be getting your UKARA sorted so you don't have to two tone it?

Welcome @USEC

I can say I'm happy with my SpecnaArms SA-E03.  There have been reports of quality issues so if you get that then give it a good test in the time allowed for returns just in case. 

Personally don't have any experience with that KWA so you'll have to watch a lot of reviews (not from retailers) or someone may comment with experience.

If you like recoil perhaps investigate the BOLT range too.

Or have you considered going full on Gas BlowBack Rifle? (GBBR)

It has some downsides  such as expense and limited ammo but is much more immersive and realistic.

Normally we don't recommend that as a first shooter but since you have some experience and like the recoil, it might be worth considering.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

If you like recoil perhaps investigate the BOLT range too.

Luke out, they're getting some Negative feedback.

https://negativeairsoft.com/epic-arse-pain/

I’m now going on record as stating that BOLT can officially stuff their AEG’s up their chocolate slot.

One after the other are coming to me shortly after being purchased that have such disgusting QC that it isn’t worth me touching them.

Yes, there will be a video… fuck me dead & bury my bum-pregnant corpse, there will be a video!

• Supporters

All ofthe ones you listed are more than acceptable just comes down to what you want to pay , if you get either the Double eagle or the combat machine you could sort yourself for mags , batteries , scopes , slings and ammo for less than the price of the Ronin on its own BUT equally as my son has one I can definitely say it feels totally bomb proof and worth the money .👍

6 hours ago, USEC said:

Note: I would be making the 'necessary' upgrades

I'd hold fire (pun intended) on buying upgrade parts till you have used the gun a few times. This way you'll know what, if anything, needs improving

I like the look of that KWA, and I definitely like recoil (it's why I bought my Tippmann M4)... one thing to bear in mind that got mentioned in a T10 review video: the recoil is strong enough that it'll actually knacker cheapo sights!  So budget for a something a little more than the cheapo Amazon specials (that I happily use on my normal guns)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.