Air nozzle oring

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So checking the air seal in my Sig 556 before I clean it all ready for a re-shim to a new motor, I discovered that the air nozzle is barely sealing. I've removed the nozzle oring and it's had it.

However, I don't have anything accurate enough to measure the oring, and I don't know where could possibly stock an oring this small that I can pick up easily. 

Anyone know where I should be looking and what I should be looking for?

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

So checking the air seal in my Sig 556 before I clean it all ready for a re-shim to a new motor, I discovered that the air nozzle is barely sealing. I've removed the nozzle oring and it's had it.

However, I don't have anything accurate enough to measure the oring, and I don't know where could possibly stock an oring this small that I can pick up easily. 

Anyone know where I should be looking and what I should be looking for?

To specify an o-ring you'll need the ID (inside diameter), OD (outside diameter) and the material.

Or buy a selection box of small o-rings from Amazon/ebay and keep trying them all until you find one that fits.

Personally, I'd just get a new nozzle.

6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

To specify an o-ring you'll need the ID (inside diameter), OD (outside diameter) and the material.

Or buy a selection box of small o-rings from Amazon/ebay and keep trying them all until you find one that fits.

Personally, I'd just get a new nozzle.

To get a new nozzle means taking the old one somewhere can can scan and machine an exact replica, or buying a second hand king arms Sig 556 to pinch the nozzle out of it. They're unique to the gun. It's a V3 gb that sits far enough back from the hop unit that it has a very long nozzle to work properly. I should be able to find a replacement oring somewhere.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

To get a new nozzle means taking the old one somewhere can can scan and machine an exact replica, or buying a second hand king arms Sig 556 to pinch the nozzle out of it. They're unique to the gun. It's a V3 gb that sits far enough back from the hop unit that it has a very long nozzle to work properly. I should be able to find a replacement oring somewhere.

worth measuring the nozzle and having a look to see if there are ones for other guns in the same length?

there's a few guns run a longer nozzle.

So I found a video on youtube that apparently shows you how to restore old o rings.

Heat up some cooking oil, not too hot, and put the oring in for a few minutes, then leave to cool.

And I swear I'm not pulling any legs, it worked. My piston/cylinder/nozzle now have a pretty perfect seal. Like, I can't believe it actually worked.

Yeah it's true and they are particularly tasty with onion rings.😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.