Which m4 advice

Bradders13754

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I am relatively new to airsoft and been using a King's Arms caa m4 10.5 for my cqb  I've uprated a few thing internally but now looking for a new m4 but must be polymer and be easy to upgrade from a base unit.. Any help would be great. 

Budget £200

Cheers 👍😁

IMG_20220628_113638.jpg

Well, I can only speak from personal experience, as I only have one M4 AEG...

Nuprol Pioneer Defender.  Approx £110, has tightbore barrel as standard, is Rear wired and has a quick change spring in gearbox.

Mine hasn't seen a lot of use since I changed over to my Tippmann,  but I dropped in a new spring and spring guide, MAXX hop unit with built-in tracer unit as well as shimming gearbox (probably not perfect, but does the job). 

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The obvious question would be: what do you want your new girlfriend to do for you that your current one won't?

OP wants a new front end/cosmetics. I advised that the existing gun isn't worth upgrading due to the mediocrity of construction from King Arms. Everything is plastic - down to the buffer tube, outer barrel/front sight and controls. 

13 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

Nuprol Pioneer Defender. [Snip]

image.png.97719ab35ad1a3dd1af9b2724d563b66.png

For £200 I would be looking at 

- ICS CXP-16 (£175ish from Fire-Support)

- Double Eagle M9xx(£150-190ish depending on model from various vendors)

- Maybe a Specna CORE model with a rail system of your liking, along and with upgraded motor and hop rubber/nub

There are loads of other options, the above are just the ones off the top of my head.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Bradders13754 said:

Are specna a good brand to look at been told g&g another option? 

Specna are OK at the moment.

G&G are solid choices, with decent plastic, but are woefully short on features given their current prices.  A QC spring is a deal breaker for me now, in any commodity AEG.

If it were my money, with polymer as a requirement, I'd go Double Eagle M9xx.

17 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

image.png.97719ab35ad1a3dd1af9b2724d563b66.png

WHAAAATT?  It's a good gun... why the hate?

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If it were my money, with polymer as a requirement, I'd go Double Eagle M9xx.

Agreed - although my CXP-16 is excellent, the DE Mxx series is incredible value for money. I wouldn't mind picking one up myself at some point. 

3 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

WHAAAATT?  It's a good gun... why the hate?

Not hate as such - but the switch/cut-off is a pretty poor design very prone to failing. 

Action Hobbies had a nearly new NP Defender on sale for £90, but it's just gone... (coincidence?)

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Does the current Nuprol Pioneer Defender still use the old micro-switched gearbox design?  

Unless Nuprol changed OEMs very recently, I believe they are still using the same micro switch GB. Patrol Base is listing their in-stock Defenders as using a micro switch at least.

Happy to stand corrected if anyone knows different though.

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

OP wants a new front end/cosmetics. I advised that the existing gun isn't worth upgrading due to the mediocrity of construction from King Arms. Everything is plastic - down to the buffer tube, outer barrel/front sight and controls. 

If something that's effectively an M4, but looks a little different with its front end / cosmetics then how about...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m916g-utr556?pv=17878

... at only £170?

Everything about its internals is M4 / AR15, but it looks a little different from everything else for a bit of variety, and you get the Falcon controller with it's optical trigger + cycle control etc.. As long as the OP already has batteries with deans connectors, or has an adapter, all it needs is an ML Macaron 60 degree swopped in and it's ready for anything.

Now that looks nice 👍

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

If something that's effectively an M4, but looks a little different with its front end / cosmetics then how about...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m916g-utr556?pv=17878

... at only £170?

Everything about its internals is M4 / AR15, but it looks a little different from everything else for a bit of variety, and you get the Falcon controller with it's optical trigger + cycle control etc.. As long as the OP already has batteries with deans connectors, or has an adapter, all it needs is an ML Macaron 60 degree swopped in and it's ready for anything.

Now that looks nice 👍

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Unless Nuprol changed OEMs very recently, I believe they are still using the same micro switch GB. Patrol Base is listing their in-stock Defenders as using a micro switch at least.

Happy to stand corrected if anyone knows different though.

I had one through my hands recently.  Still micro-switch AFAIK.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.