BB goes left

El_Reptile31

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Floperator said:

The hop unit is probably sitting at an angle then. Or the nub is offset somehow.

that would cause it to curve, hence my query to determine if that was the cause.

missed it the first time but 5 meters is a very short distance, too close for the hop to kick in anyway, how big is your target?

also are you running anything on the gun, i'm thinking specifically something like a suppressor or different flash hider?

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that would cause it to curve, hence my query to determine if that was the cause.

missed it the first time but 5 meters is a very short distance, too close for the hop to kick in anyway, how big is your target?

also are you running anything on the gun, i'm thinking specifically something like a suppressor or different flash hider?

No, I don't use anything extra on the gun. I use it as it came out of the box. But I just can't make sense of it. When I aim at the center of the target, the bullet goes to the left. When I aim a little to the right of the target, it hits the target. I'm starting to think it's a factory defect. Normally, if the bullet is going left, the rear sight should be pulled to the right.  but even though I pull to the far right, it still goes to the left.

• Supporters

How's the front sight?  Does it look vertical and true?  Have you tried removing and re-seating the rear to be sure that it's on squarely?

If so, I'd secure the gun on a bench, tie a string to the rear sight peephole and run it in a straight line over the front sight post.  Stand in front of the gun and see how well it lines up with the barrel.

It'll only be approximate, but it might give you an idea if it's badly off.  Worst case, you could throw on a red dot, unless the rail is wildly off from the barrel.

I got a laser bore sighter and for £15 I am impressed with quality. I've set all my sights and lasers up to it. 👍🎯

13 hours ago, Shamal said:

I got a laser bore sighter and for £15 I am impressed with quality. I've set all my sights and lasers up to it. 👍🎯

13 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

How's the front sight?  Does it look vertical and true?  Have you tried removing and re-seating the rear to be sure that it's on squarely?

If so, I'd secure the gun on a bench, tie a string to the rear sight peephole and run it in a straight line over the front sight post.  Stand in front of the gun and see how well it lines up with the barrel.

It'll only be approximate, but it might give you an idea if it's badly off.  Worst case, you could throw on a red dot, unless the rail is wildly off from the barrel.

Guys, I fixed the problem. It will be irrelevant but I adjusted the hop setting a little higher and the bullet now goes straight to the center. Thank you for your help. Have a good days :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.