TM Glock 22

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been waiting for the TM G17 Gen 4 pistols to be restocked, but something tells me this could take a very long time.

So I started to think about the G17 Gen 3 and the G22. They have the smaller bbu so are probably not as nice to shoot. Since I only intend to use 144a gas, the issue of the hammer light striking shouldn't be a problem. Whether the weaker gas reduces the chances of the main body screw failing, I have no idea. I know that the G22 has a metal reinforcement to protect the plastic slide when it locks back, that the G17 lacks.

I understand that the dimensions of the G17 and 22 are the same. Does this mean that aftermarket slides and frame kits from the likes of Guarder designed for the 17 will also fit the 22?

Is the G22 a good buy , or is the G17 Gen 4 so much better that it is worth waiting for, regardless of how long it takes?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.