Caa m4 hand guard change

Bradders13754

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have a caa m4 and I want to change the hand gaurd to a longer one and get rid of the plastic sight on the front to replace with a silencer anyone know what hand guard I need? 🤔Cheers 

Screenshot_20220626_064632.jpg

• Supporters
On 26/06/2022 at 06:47, Bradders13754 said:

Hi

I have a caa m4 and I want to change the hand gaurd to a longer one and get rid of the plastic sight on the front to replace with a silencer anyone know what hand guard I need? 🤔Cheers 

Screenshot_20220626_064632.jpg

What handguard do you want?

You'll need a gas block to replace the front sight unit. Everywhere was out of stock when I was looking for one a couple of months ago, ended up paying slightly above rrp for a 2nd hand one off ebay.

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Floperator said:

You'll need a gas block to replace the front sight unit. Everywhere was out of stock when I was looking for one a couple of months ago, ended up paying slightly above rrp for a 2nd hand one off ebay.

Not necessarily. If you wan it for looks then yes, if you just want a longer free float handguard then....maybe.

With the  10.5" barrel, I'd say anything that is around up to around 10" would be OK, something like this for example: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/big-dragon-9-mk18-style-free-float-handguard

The CAA guns are OEM'd by King Arms.

The budget one (which I'm assuming is the OPs version) that I looked at in the Z1 showroom had a plastic outer barrel that had the front sight molded in, much like an old school Combat Machine. 

So a hacksaw/dremel might be needed if you don't want to replace the Outer. 

Personally, I wouldn't bother.

As it's front wired you'll either have to invest in a battery box (and associated batteries) or re-wire, along with buying the rail of your choice and probably a new outer barrel. Then you'll still be left with a pretty mediocre gun in terms of external build (almost all externals are plastic, including the buffer tube and charging handle IIRC) and an ok-ish KA gearbox. 

Sell it, and buy another gun with the rail of your preference, there's no shortage of options these days. Hell, even the new Specna £100 'Flex' series feels better in the hand than the King Arms 'budget' guns. 

6 hours ago, Lozart said:

Not necessarily. If you wan it for looks then yes, if you just want a longer free float handguard then....maybe.

Based my reply on the assumption that ops gun was built like my Lancer, but this may not be the case. The lancers hold on the foregrip at the back end is not great, and needs that cup/washer thing at the muzzle end with the gas block/foresight to hold it in place (and hold it together in the case of the quadrail).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.