Does anyone know where I can get ...

AirSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure where this would fit on this site, so posted here....

I am trying to find a motivational patch like the SAS patch that you can readily buy but for the SBS.

My father died recently and wanted to put an SBS Patch on his coffin out of respect for the fact that he was a former SBS training instructor. 

I have been having problems finding something in the design like below.

Any suggestions?

SBS Logo-web.jpg

There are a few 'design your own' firms online.  You send them the design, they print it on whatever you need. 

I had a 5'x3' vinyl banner done for about £30 five or so years back.  Print on demand is pretty cheap these days, not that I'd expect you being likely to begrudge a few quid in the circumstances.  Respects to your Dad.

• Head Moderator

Type SBS patch into Amazon, you will find all sorts to buy. This is the first one that I looked at, costs around £13

Copytec Special Boat Service SBS Maritim Special Forces Crest # 33726 : Amazon.co.uk

Thanks guys, didn't think of those sources. I was looking at the rubber moulded type.

Why are sisters annoying?

Tried explaining that Ex service personnel doing exactly have a class picture, she has his training photo with other trainees and his RN service record but she has no memory of when dad told us of his involvement with SBS and how he became an instructor. Not even his oldest son from his first marriage knows because of the official secrets act. It wasn't until the Embassy siege that kicked off on 30/4/80 that enough time had passed that he was able to tell us.

I remember my mum and gran literally pissing themselves with laughter when he made his disclosure out the blue. Its a very vivid memory as my gran was not one to roll around in hysterical laughter, my mum made some off the cuff remark about the SAS and thats when he made his disclosure.

So I hope that Veterans UK will be able to give her some information on his service record that wouldn't be public knowledge like his training and RN service record.

I suppose to be fair, she was only 9 at the time when we were told, its not something that you'd really expect girls to take note of.

Well, I bagged a flag just in case they are too late in coming back with his full service record. At least the coffin will be dressed properly.

My condolences 

You could try contacting the RNRMC. While they probably can't give you his service record directly they might be able to point you in the right direction 

https://www.rnrmc.org.uk/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.