Rounds getting stuck in hop chamber

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Simple one that I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix easily.

My Ares mutant has an issue where bbs get stuck in the hop rubber feeding lips. The gun was firing fine, then suddenly it;ll maybe fire two rounds then get stuck and have to be stripped to remove the bb. I'm hoping its a hop issue and not my nozzle, but how likely is it to be an issue in my GB?

Ok so just tested it after rebuilding the hop unit (again) and it jams instantly, but works fine if I turn it upside down.

Now I'm really confused.

Edited by LazzurusMan

• Supporters
1 hour ago, LazzurusMan said:

Ok so just tested it after rebuilding the hop unit (again) and it jams instantly, but works fine if I turn it upside down.

That suggests that the magazine isn't pushing the BBs up quickly enough.  Have you tried another mag?

Something which might have helped when I had a feeding issue was running a 6mm-ish drill bit up the feed tube and by hand and with a few twists and light pressure, creating a tiny indent in the hop, directly above the feed tube, for the BB to key into.  This may just be airsoft woo, but it didn't harm my toy and seemed to help.

It seems to have been my tappet plate, and one of my gears had broken it's shaft and I'd lost a tooth on another gear (no idea how, it's practically brand new but warranty void due to flat hopping).

Unfortunately, after putting in new gears the motor won't turn at all now.

I pull the trigger and I can feel the motor kinda "click" and do nothing else, even if the motor is outside the gun. I did have some damage to a wire where the pistol grip caught it, but I covered it with electrical tape. Could a couple of the strands of wire being broken cut power to one of the wires? Or have I somehow shorted my motor completely?

• Supporters

Strands, no.  I'm not aware of Ares using solid core wires, although it would be nice if they are.

Sorry, that's one for Mr Multimeter.

I hadn't thought using a multimeter. I've got to get some wire for my Sig anyway, so I might just replace it anyway.

If the wire is shot, could it have damaged the motor when I tested it?

• Supporters
9 hours ago, LazzurusMan said:

I hadn't thought using a multimeter. I've got to get some wire for my Sig anyway, so I might just replace it anyway.

If the wire is shot, could it have damaged the motor when I tested it?

Have you definitely got the motor wiring the right way round?

7 hours ago, Lozart said:

Have you definitely got the motor wiring the right way round?

Definitely. Red connector on red blade, black connector on black blade. I'll try it the other way round just in case it's a production fault

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.