Never in my life have I ...

AirSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Major Grrrrrrrrrrrrr today....

Never in my life have I encountered so much stupidity by a council.

Where I live, we have to apply for a parking permit, this is every two years and every two years the goal post move. If you don't or the permit expires, then you get fined, if the vehicle is there when the carking enforcement returns, its marked for removal by them and impounded and they rack up £150 or more, think its more near the £200 mark these days, that is made up of £105 removal fee, the £35 fine or £70 if you fail to pay it and £12 per day storage, so by the time you got your paperwork sorted, my councils had your pants down for just over £160 for the pleasure of telling you that your permits expired.

The problem is that they decided to reject my permit application based on the fact that they don't accept COUNCIL TAX bill or demand as evidence of your residency.

The same department that issues Blue Badges (processing) is the same department that issues the residents and visitor permits for parking amd for my Blue Badge application, they "require" COUNCIL TAX as proof of residency along with DWP paperwork to support the application and some other form of proof like a driving licence, passport, utility bill... 

HOWEVER...

For a residents permit, they don't accept the proofs and require insurance, driving licence, proof of residency.

Their reason is utterly stupid and they claim its because the council tax bill might not be going to that address of the application.

WUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I just had a major blow out with them because they claimed that I had been emailed about the rejection of my application...  REJECTION!!!!! FFS and 3 days before the current one expires, so on Monday, I expect to be getting a parking fine, arrested for assault or ABH because I have had enough of these assholes.

You can't make this crapola up.

I know your pain, been thrrough it many times with the council. I'd bet they'd have a better chance of licking their own elbow than producing a system that works.

Edited by concretesnail

Consider us poor tradesmen that work in London....   32 boroughs all with different parking rules and permit options.  

Classic one the other day was turning up for a job and ask the resident for a visitor permit.  The reply was "we don't' have a car".

FFS.  It's for me!!!!!!

A recent new fuckery is for them to place restrictions on entire roads so that you need a permit to actually drive down it.  Obviously a local councillor or politician lives down there and they don't want the road used as a rat run.

One upside is the invention of parking apps.  That has made things easier for handling multiple vehicles moving around the city...

Oh yeah - having to annually renew the auto pay for the congestion charge.  Nothing has changed, yet they want £10 a vehicle.  Including the electric ones that are exempt from the charge in the first place.

Registering that was a fun time.  You enter the registration plate and they know its 100%, but still have to send them a copy of the V5.  Shame I didn't know about any of this when I took a courtesy car in for a couple of days and the garage got a load of fines through.

I feel your Gggrrrrr LOL

Edited by Dan Robinson
Fucking typo's

Absolutely mind curdling 😡.

The amount of times I've been asked for a birth certificate as proof of identity when it clearly states on bottom of certificate 'Not to be used for identification purposes' 

Officialdom gone fecking mad!!

3 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Consider us poor tradesmen that work in London....   32 boroughs all with different parking rules and permit options.  

Classic one the other day was turning up for a job and ask the resident for a victors permit.  the reply was "we don't' have a car".

FFS.  Its for me!!!!!!

A recent new fuckery is for them to place restrictions on entire roads so that you need a permit to actually drive down it.  Obviously a local councillor or politician lives down there and they don't want the road used as a rat run.

One upside is the invention of parking apps.  That has made things easier for handling multiple vehicles moving around the city...

Oh year - having to annually renew the auto pay for the congestion charge.  Nothing has changed, yet they want £10 a vehicle.  Including the electric ones that are exempt from the charge in the first place.

Registering that was a fun time.  You enter the registration plate and they no its 100%, but still have to send them a copy of the V5.  Shame I didn't know about any of this when I took a courtesy car in for a couple of days and the garage got a load of fines through.

I feel your Gggrrrrr LOL

Glad my London days are over, I used to deliver to local council depots, anything from Hi-viz to lamp posts. I had to get the waggon down some right old convoluted routes because access was a problem, the worst delivery ever was to city of westminster (aka corporation of London) right smack bank in the center, which you might appreciate the headache of narrow streets.

56 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Absolutely mind curdling 😡.

The amount of times I've been asked for a birth certificate as proof of identity when it clearly states on bottom of certificate 'Not to be used for identification purposes' 

Officialdom gone fecking mad!!

I pointed out that in their rules, the vehicle has to be registered at the residents address for a residents permit, therefore only needing my name and registration number and they have access to the rest of the data that can confirm my identity and address, yet the simplicity of my complaint is lost on them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.