Changing the handguard on my G&G GC16 Predator

Grayz1980

Has anyone changed the handguard on their Predator? I'm wanting to change mine to something similar to the G&G SRXL handguard. Is it possible to fit the SRXL handguard on the Predator? They're both 12" but I notice that the Pred handguard is clamped by two allen screws on the bottom where it looks like the SRXL handguard is screwed on either side. Pics attached for reference 

g_g-gc16-predator-battleship-grey.jpg

eng_pl_CM16-SRXL-Carbine-Replica-Battleship-Grey-1152222187_14.jpg

I have the SRL. It has three screws (one on each side and one underneath) that attach the handguard to the octagonal block underneath.

Easy to see in this video, skip to 1:40.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it would fit on your predator, sorry.

You'd most likely need to swap the rail and the barrel nut. If you're willing to do that then it should be fairly straight swap.

SRS owner here.

No, the rail won't fit without changing the barrel nut. They mount very differently to the gun.

Predator:

image.png.2243b2f110533a1c33fa4b08154249f1.png

SR series:

image.png.76b7336e543d8346d2f5ca1c8f17c23f.png

At least the predator has spanner-flats to remove the barrel nut. The SR series needs a special tool to remove/install without damage:

image.png.16fedc418b419fa30eda39a7a99ae090.png

I had to design and 3d print one in the end.

In terms of replacing your hand guard - yes it can be done - G&G's receiver threading is standard AEG, so most Airsoft rail systems will work - I would be looking on Aliexpress for a 12in MLOK jobbie.

The only issue is that aesthetically, any hand guard you choose might not match the flared hexagonal front of the upper receiver.

The other ptions would be to pop off the predator rail and cut the predator bit off the end and refit it.

37 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

The other ptions would be to pop off the predator rail and cut the predator bit off the end and refit it.

That'll look gash and kill the resale value though. Tried it with a cheapo ACM rail and unless you happen to have a bandsaw handy it was a pain to get a reasonably flat and clean finish.

Loads of cheap M-Lok options on Aliexpress

• 1 year later...
On 21/06/2022 at 20:00, Speedbird_666 said:

SRS owner here.

No, the rail won't fit without changing the barrel nut. They mount very differently to the gun.

Predator:

image.png.2243b2f110533a1c33fa4b08154249f1.png

SR series:

image.png.76b7336e543d8346d2f5ca1c8f17c23f.png

At least the predator has spanner-flats to remove the barrel nut. The SR series needs a special tool to remove/install without damage:

image.png.16fedc418b419fa30eda39a7a99ae090.png

I had to design and 3d print one in the end.

In terms of replacing your hand guard - yes it can be done - G&G's receiver threading is standard AEG, so most Airsoft rail systems will work - I would be looking on Aliexpress for a 12in MLOK jobbie.

The only issue is that aesthetically, any hand guard you choose might not match the flared hexagonal front of the upper receiver.

Do you perhaps still have that stl file.  I bought a predator rail with out realising it didn't come with the barrel nut

1 hour ago, Execter said:

Do you perhaps still have that stl file.  I bought a predator rail with out realising it didn't come with the barrel nut

Here you go...

Guay2 BTool.stl

P.S.  I'm making the STL available for non-commercial use - don't go flogging these on eBay or redistribute the file for any financial gain please.

Edited by Speedbird_666