Reccomended sites in Peterborough area?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently moved to Peterborough, cant seem to find any decent sites for love nor money. So what is there around here? Any recommendations from long term locals? Dont mind if its woodland or CQB, just want a good sporting experience! Don't mind driving for a bit, though probably not more than an hour or so each way because Im too old to be getting up early on Sundays anymore! :P 

There's a few close to Peterborough 

Free Fire Zone at Bulby just north of Bourne, 

East Midlands Airsoft at Ancaster 

Mad Dog Airsoft near Brampton Hut Services. 

Hunting Grounds Airsoft at Revesby Lincolnshire 

There's a few slightly more than an hour

Gunman Airsoft at Tuddenham

Battlegrounds Airsoft at Necton

Battlestations Airsoft at Snetterton Circuit 

Combat Thetford

Most of these are woodland sites I have played at most with only Combat Thetford and Ancaster yet to try. 

All have pros and cons. Others will offer their advice also and possibly other sites

Mo 

Since Urban Assault closed the only decent options are Free Fire Zone and Gunman Airsoft Tuddenham.  The others have their issues, though the Ancaster site isn't bad. I would actively avoid the rest.

Maddog Airsoft used to be a pretty much flat field with a bunch of stuff (junk) that acts as cover. Its been a long time since I've been there, the idea of going back has never occured to me. 

Combat Airsoft is a paintball site that does Airsoft, facilities are great but my experience of Airsoft at paintball sites is rarely good and combat Airsoft is no exception to that. 

Battlestations is small but loads of man made cover, they have recently relocated to near their old site and videos of gameplay don't look great, basic stuff like armbands being worn on chest rigs. I never liked the feel of the days I've done there. 

Gunman Airsoft, tuddenham is great, fantastic site (physically, buildings, woods, scrublands etc) Has had it's ups and downs with different managers, but it's looking promising under a new guy. Generally a bad day at tuddenham is better than an average day at the other sites mentioned.

The goal was pretty one dimensional for me, good if you like it but it's a hard site to make play well and the Marshalls have done a great job to make it as good as it is. Nice atmosphere and facilities. They do get booked up in advance since covid. They are one of the few sites that actively remind people it's the last day to get a full refund if you can't make a game day this weekend. Never seen any other business be that proactive at helping customers, which I think speaks volumes. Well worth a visit and if you like it you'll love it, or you'll chalk it up as an experience, not a bad experience but maybe not what you're into all the time. 

Warzone might be worth considering too. Not been but a guy I met recently seemed to think it was good. 

Combat Airsoft has a paintball site on the grounds, and a much larger dedicated airsoft area. The only time you’ll bump into paintballers is in the car park or getting lunch!

2 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Combat Airsoft has a paintball site on the grounds, and a much larger dedicated airsoft area. The only time you’ll bump into paintballers is in the car park or getting lunch!

It's not about whether you'll interact with paintballers. It's more about the mentality of the people running the events and games, how they set up cover etc. 

My experiences of these types of sites is it rarely seems to make for a good day and that is including experience (albeit limited) of this site. They just don't seem to flow in the same way, game rules, game scenarios etc are generally set for a paintballers mentality. The difference is hard to spot or explain clearly, it's just something I've noticed.  

2 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

27 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

It's not about whether you'll interact with paintballers. It's more about the mentality of the people running the events and games, how they set up cover etc. 

My experiences of these types of sites is it rarely seems to make for a good day and that is including experience (albeit limited) of this site. They just don't seem to flow in the same way, game rules, game scenarios etc are generally set for a paintballers mentality. The difference is hard to spot or explain clearly, it's just something I've noticed.  

Watch out, you might be interacting with paintballers and not realise 

Paintball and airsoft are the same thing - shooting people legally 

But airsoft is the dressing up version with realistic guns, as opposed to the realistic dressing up versions of paintball with realistic guns 

Different people play different things in different ways - but generally just do what they enjoy 

Back to the topic of sites that may run both paintball and airsoft.

Thats a good thing, it’s even better if they do more such as laser tag, low impact paintball, perhaps Nerf, clay pigeon, quads.  You might find all the gates locked and some funny looking blacked out windows nipping in

A site that does one thing is at risk, even if they do it well they are missing out on other revenue that can enhance revenue 

Airsoft management should be capable of managing paintball players and Vice versa.

Dickhead management are dickheads no matter their preferred flavour 

There are differences between paintball players and airsoft players - but that is equally the same between airsoft players and airsoft players 

The only issue I have with airsoft at paintball sites is that you can lean against cover and end up looking like you've been to a psychedelic bukkake party

Some great local reccomendations there, was what I was hoping for rather than google and see what 1990s notepad looking websites some of the sites have and hoping for the best, look forward to giving some of them a try, ta! :) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.