Love, Death, Robots S3... ....

MAX DICKER

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There's a great episode called In Vaulted Halls Entombed, kinda can't say much without giving anything away but it combines a few things that I really like. I was however triggered by pic related. Must be a clone.

20220620_233349.jpg

• Supporters

Would recommend the series as a whole, there's some pretty decent actual science fiction in there, and a few of them are genuine short features.  Being an anthology series means that if you hate one episode, you'll probably love the next one, and you don't have to wait long for it.

The quality of animation in some episodes comes very very close to clambering out of the Uncanny Valley.  You can almost forgot that you're watching high tech cartoons.

Loved season 1 - I've re-watched a few of the episodes a couple of times now. I loved Zima Blue (weirdly), found Beyond the Aquila Drift strangely unsettling (in a good way), thought Suits was cool, and really enjoyed Lucky 13 as I've read the entire series of books (Marko Kloos Frontlines) it was based off.

Thought season 2 was disappointing in comparison. I don't think I've re-watched any episodes but Snow in the Desert was OK as it was written by Neal Asher, and I've read most of his Polity books.

Thought season 3 was better than season 2, but wasn't blown away by it. Bad Travelling (again Neal Asher) was good, very reminiscent of the Spatterjay series of books, and Night of the Mini Dead raised a few chuckles along with Mason's Rats.

Edited by Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.