Upgrades for a G&G cm15 kr-cqb 8.5

Oz3rR08zz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

I'm new to airsoft only just started playing and bought a used G&G cm15 kr-cqb 8.5 off of a family member and seems low on power, is it worth upgrading and if so what upgrades can I add to improve the fps, fire rate etc. I think standard it's 305fps with a 0.2 bb I think the limit on sites I play at is 350fps with a 0.2bb.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Oz3rR08zz
Missing model name

Clean the barrel, change the hop rubber/nub, 16TPA high torque motor. Nothing else. 

Leave the gearbox well alone until you know what you are doing, got a spare gun to fall back on, or something breaks. 

305fps is absolutely fine - the difference in range is negligible if you have a a decent hop setup. Ask the Tokyo Marui Fanbois.

Use any money you plan for 'upgrades' to go out and play as much as you can with what you have got, until you understand what you really want out of your airsoft playing experience longer term.

You may decide that the hobby is the bestest thing ever, or come to realise that it's not for you. If it's the former you will probably end up spending a sizable wedge of money on new toys and shiny things, but If it's the latter, you wouldn't have wasted your cash on upgrades for the sake of upgrades, which you will never recover if you sell your kit on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.