Pistol slide wont go back enough to allow bb to enter barrel

parramoom

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Slide wont go back far enough to lock back when empty and when it needs to load another bb plus it dont make rhe hammer go all the way back either i need help my game is on sunday lol

First vid is fucked dont mind that one 

Could be a multitude of things.

Basic fault diagnosis is what did you change immediately before it started to malfunction?

Then, do you know how to fill the mags correctly, and what gas are you using?

You have time to strip it down remove any old contaminated grease and regrease. It can't hurt and it may help.🤞

5 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Could be a multitude of things.

Basic fault diagnosis is what did you change immediately before it started to malfunction?

Then, do you know how to fill the mags correctly, and what gas are you using?

Done nothing to change it i just bought it out the holster and it was doing what it did in the video and so i lubed it i used spray silicone oil and it worked for a few seconds and then went back to doing that

4 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Have you tried lube the slide lugs?

Yeah ive done with spray lube and superlube

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

You have time to strip it down remove any old contaminated grease and regrease. It can't hurt and it may help.🤞

Done that too

But have you filled the mag correctly, with the correct gas?

What was the last thing you did immediately AFTER it last worked?

14 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

But have you filled the mag correctly, with the correct gas?

What was the last thing you did immediately AFTER it last worked?

I racked the slide back pulled the mag out drained the gas then put it back in my british army dpm holster

32 minutes ago, parramoom said:

I racked the slide back pulled the mag out drained the gas then put it back in my british army dpm holster

So are you sure you getting a good gas seal, as leaving gas mags empty is a bad idea?

What gas are you using btw?

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, parramoom said:

Looks like there's not enough gas pressure. Is the mag leaking? Fill it and put it under water,  look for bubbles. 

How long ago did you put it away?

the vorsk v6 175 psi also theres no leak on the mags and since i have shit tons of silicone i decided to seal up the o ring on the mag to just make sure

25 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Looks like there's not enough gas pressure. Is the mag leaking? Fill it and put it under water,  look for bubbles. 

How long ago did you put it away?

like its been away for a week maybe i always take it out and shoot like 4-5 shots every once in a while tho

It’s light striking because the gas pressure is too high inside the mag.

The high pressure won’t allow the hammer to open the release valve  for long enough.

Try it with Nuprol Green or white

29 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

It’s light striking because the gas pressure is too high inside the mag.

The high pressure won’t allow the hammer to open the release valve  for long enough.

Try it with Nuprol Green or white

i dunno because it was fine before and fine with my gen 3 glock

Hmmm, its a WE Hi-Power MK3

Its quite likely the striker mechanism has broken.  They are notoriously fragile unfortunately.

Take the slide off and check there's nothing loose or obviously broken in the lower part by the hammer.

If it looks OK then try purging the magazine of air.

-Prepare to fill the mag with gas as normal (Can on top, mag underneath)

-Hold in the release valve. (Yes, its awkward)

-Start to fill and after half a second let go of the release valve so it fills normally. (Be careful to keep fingers away from the exhaust port as it will get very cold)

Edited by EDcase

18 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Hmmm, its a WE Hi-Power MK3

Its quite likely the striker mechanism has broken.  They are notoriously fragile unfortunately.

Take the slide off and check there's nothing loose or obviously broken in the lower part by the hammer.

If it looks OK then try purging the magazine of air.

-Prepare to fill the mag with gas as normal (Can on top, mag underneath)

-Hold in the release valve. (Yes, its awkward)

-Start to fill and after half a second let go of the release valve so it fills normally. (Be careful to keep fingers away from the exhaust port as it will get very cold)

i heard about how bad they were when i bought one but its such a nice looking gun and wouldve finished my 1980s iranian seige loadout but he valve knocker is still there and not snapped as everytime i put a mag in i locked the slide back (like it says in the instructions but many people forget to do it and end up snapping the knocker off )

tried what u said tho didnt seem to work

Edited by parramoom

Yeah its such a pity no one else makes one considering how popular it was and how many variations of other guns there are.

Sorry, all out of ideas then.

6 hours ago, parramoom said:

i dunno because it was fine before and fine with my gen 3 glock

And? It’s now a lot hotter, and that gas is shit.

if you’re not prepared to try, I can’t help any further, sorry

7 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

And? It’s now a lot hotter, and that gas is shit.

if you’re not prepared to try, I can’t help any further, sorry

No i will try but i didnt know that gas is bad ive already ordered nuprol gas i appreciate the help

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.