Accidently painted my blank gun fully black, (help)

Sherz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

10 minutes ago, Sherz said:

I have a 2 tone blank gun and I accidentally spray painted the whole thing black, i was meant to keep the front half 2 tone and only spray the back half black.  What should i do now? If I use it and someone calls police and they see its fully black they will say its imitation firearm.

For Airsoft :

Possession is no offence

By accidentally modifying it you could have committed an offence unless your intent is to play Airsoft skirmishing at an insured site 

Plus, nobody will care 

But you’ve mentioned a ‘blank gun’

Thats a firearm 

A firearm is not an imitation so bright two tones are irrelevant to the VCRA and are just to avoid you being shot by the police 

Don’t take it out in public

Edited by Tommikka

2 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

I tripped and as I fell I reached out to steady myself the only thing I could grab was a tin of black spray paint  in my shock and descent to the floor I gave the pistol 3 light and even coats . 

that kind of accident ? 

I’ve just dropped in an edit, as you’ve referred to blanks which are not Airsoft 

Just don't take it outside dude.👌

Guest Mr. No_Face
16 minutes ago, Sherz said:

I have a 2 tone blank gun and I accidentally spray painted the whole thing black, i was meant to keep the front half 2 tone and only spray the back half black.  What should i do now? If I use it and someone calls police and they see its fully black they will say its imitation firearm.

OOPS.jpg.4e8e2a4cbb0d89765febd7ea1510a6c9.jpg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

Blank gun?

Blank firer, the favourite of chavs, Walts and bank robbers.  Nothing to do with airsoft, just back slowwwwly away.

My blank firing Beretta 92fs was completely black when I purchased it from a gun shop in Christchurch years ago.it was never two tone. 

Edited by Shamal

I wouldn't worry.  The most you can get is about ten years.  

12 hours ago, Shamal said:

My blank firing Beretta 92fs was completely black when I purchased it from a gun shop in Christchurch years ago.it was never two tone. 

I think they used to be ok being all black and it was sort of standard, but now I'm pretty sure they're legally mandated to be two tone blue.

As for OP; Legally you probably shouldn't have been spraying any part of it, lol. Not that I'm the police or anything.

You could try re-painting the blue bits blue, or perhaps sanding the outer layer of added paint off. Or, just leaving it and hoping it'll all be ok.

If it's brought up, you could always tell a little white lie that someone else did it/you got it second hand already like that/etc.

Edited by KirbyHCI

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.