Scorpion Evo gearbox internals

Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, so I seem to remember reading somewhere that the scorpion evo has standard V2 gearbox parts I.e. gears l, cylinder and piston. It's just the shell is different shape/layout. I cant seem to find the post now. Is this correct? I need a new piston and gears.

Edited by Khyber

Thanks. Do you know of anything specific that isn't? Ie barrel, hop unit etc.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Thanks. Do you know of anything specific that isn't? Ie barrel, hop unit etc.

gears and piston are pretty standard, hop unit for sure is a proprietary item although afaik there are aftermarket options.

mostly it's one of those guns best left unmolested as the ootb performance is pretty damn good.

Yeah it needs new parts as the metal teeth on the piston have broke and the sector gear also. I believe it's a pre 2018 model so it's old and likely had plenty of use. When I got it it was firing at 320fps even with zero air seal. No idea how.

But after using it once. The piston teeth gave way. So I'm thinking I might just upgrade it with ASG ultimate piston and gears. 

Have put a new o ring on the piston head and it seals perfectly and as for the shimming... well over 1mm of movement  on each gear is certainly not good. So I Also bought 3 packs of 100 shims at 0.1 0.2 and 0.3 mm for a 5er per pack. So much cheaper than buying from airsoft shops.

The sector gear took 1.6mm of shimming to make it sit nice. 

But anyway as it's now a non runner figured i may aswell upgrade the parts that need replacing and put the newer 2020 mosfet in it too. Got it cheap anyway so happy to put some cash into it to get it running nicely.

1655455732261130351768819502250.jpg

Edited by Khyber

18 minutes ago, #blackadder said:

Before you buy the 2020 standard fet , I can recommend the Jefftron Leviathon Evo Mosfet . The most worthwhile mod I’ve done to mine . With precocking the trigger response is insanely good .

Thanks. I have considered it but the price is extreme! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.