My first go at HPA

DrFumbles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

So I've recently gotten my hands on a second hand Tippmann V2 M4.

It came with a tank and remote line and at the very least fires.

However I have noticed everytime I connect the line to the gun it leaks air from the part of the line with the slide check etc.

I've attempted to take a look at o rings etc but it seems the previous owner has superglued all the parts of the remote line together. Is this normal?

And would it be better just to buy a new line or try to fix this one?

Just now, DrFumbles said:

I've attempted to take a look at o rings etc but it seems the previous owner has superglued all the parts of the remote line together. Is this normal?

Excellent if that’s the case - no it is not normal to superglue together.

But are you sure it’s superglue?  Something that’s more appropriate would be thread locker, which is used to avoid joins unscrewing from vibration or general use

There could also be a seal created with liquid PTFE 

If it’s PTFE or a suitable level of thread lock then it should be possible to unscrew with some brute force

But if it’s a higher level of thread lock then heat followed by brute force are required 

However - before applying brute force ensure that there isn’t a hidden clip you have missed and that any tools used are decent quality and the correct size (metric and imperial sizes can seem close but might not be good enough)

You don’t want to be shredding and rounding off parts of the remote line fittings due to a bad fit

The first thing to do check that there isn’t a missing o ring at the tip etc 

The following shows a run through of a common remote line type, but if you can post up a picture pointing at the leak then that would be handy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.