Once again Americans/HPA users/Geardo's ruin it for the rest of us

rj1986

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

29 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

He said ‘box’ !🥴

image.gif.cf6c5eddcd0b5bbac5ca23dab6f282ba.gif

Haha. Priceless.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Of course, the real unforgivable offence is posting Reddit clickbait here.

in an autoplay format too...

so are we breaking out the stake or the ducking stool for this one?

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Award: Everyone involved needs burning at the stake.  Twice.

And then burn down the site. And Reddit. And here.

We have to stop the spread of this, even if it takes an Exterminatus.

spacer.png

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

in an autoplay format too...

so are we breaking out the stake or the ducking stool for this one?

monty-python-the-comfy-chair.gif.c41615676ab8387bf3d038ae9541574e.gif

Had a funny incident at the weekend on a TDM game (I think).

Middle age dude was hiding behind a wall and made the mistake of standing up.  Not realising there was 5 of us all hiding behind various other nearby objects and walls just waiting for something like that to happen.  Poor bastard got lit up by all of us at the same time.

He was very unhappy and whined and griped like a beeatch thinking it was one kid who was standing the nearest full auto'ing him.  Couldn't help but laugh - its not as if a few of us hadn't been parked there a good 5 minutes by that stage picking off people trying to get to the very same wall he was hiding behind.  The BB's must have been whizzing past his field of view.

I am of the view that your playing a game principally based on getting shot at.  Don't moan when that is precisely what happens.  I do get a little snarky about being hit repeatedly when you've got your arm up after calling a hit; and I think getting head shotted when there is plenty of other body parts out in the open is a bit dickish.  That being said I have been domed plenty of times and have had to exclaim a good shot because was I fucked if I new where the shooter was and how they managed to get the hit.

Watched plenty of clickbait vids on YouTube thinking a good majority of the headshots were just to be a knob for the sake of it.

Also don't have a problem with full autoing someone not calling their hits though, as long as its at a reasonable range.  Had that a the weekend too - was shooting someone at extreme range (for me) thinking I must be hitting this dude.  Hit someone passing just in front of him and they called their hit.  Then I hit him in the head (confirmed by the massive flinch), all with no arm going up.

Decided a couple of burst of full auto to make a point, then it wasn't worth anymore BB's.

Think we must have all been there though?

On 14/06/2022 at 16:04, Druid799 said:

once again American/HPA/Geardo’s ruin it for the rest of us” ? WTF is up with that ? Let’s just blame them for all the sports woe’s shall we ? News flash it’s not just those two groups acting like w*nkers , yes does seem to be a disproportionate amount of shite coming from those two but it’s NOT exclusive is it ?

Can we not go back to the beginning of this thread and examine this statement; that American

Hpa

Geardo

Are two groups of people. Two

Ah fuck ya then, made me giggle

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Can we not go back to the beginning of this thread and examine this statement; that American

Hpa

Geardo

Nah, I think when you put all three together they become non-binary, not knowing what group they really belong to🤔

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Hpa

Geardo

Err hello American is just their nationality ? It’s the HPA & Geardo’s groups getting the blame for endangering the sport ? Doh ! 🤦‍♂️

On 14/06/2022 at 17:01, Lozart said:

They're both in the wrong in terms of gameplay but yeah, that's video evidence of felony assault (seeing as it's US based). Pretty disappointed in the guy filming that let it go on for a while before rather limply pulling the bloke away. Also not convinced that the "woman" isn't actually a dude (who could well have been doing this to all and sundry all day).

He had to let it go on… how else would he have been able to make such content and probably own a bigger house than any of us from it 👀

Guest Mr. No_Face
On 15/06/2022 at 00:23, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

If my son punched like that or 'defended' himself by cowering like that I'd call him my daughter.  

I wouldn't actually thinking about it as my daughter knows how to use her fists.  She'd flatten both of them. 

My thoughts exactly. literally the worst thing he could've done in a fight situation, cower and wait for the blows to rain down, whilst praying for the assailant to lose interest. 

12 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

My thoughts exactly. literally the worst thing he could've done in a fight situation, cower and wait for the blows to rain down, whilst praying for the assailant to lose interest. 

If you're not an experienced fighter or are caught off guard then sometimes that's the best you can do. What's the alternative, stand toe to toe and get smashed in the face half a dozen times?

I got jumped by 10/12 guys once and turtling after the first punch stopped me from getting punched in the head by seven fists from seven different directions. Got myself into a ball in a corner and protected all the bits that mattered. There were so many of them that they were getting in each others way and couldn't even get the boot in properly.

Walked away with a red cheek and a sore shoulder. Standing up and boxing away like a brave fucking idiot, I would have been smashed to pieces.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

It wasn't a fight though was it ?, it was one skinny & probably quite young guy, doing what he'd probably done a load of times before with no repercussions, only this time a 'roided up Geardo, complete with tacticool beard😜, flipped, it all happened very quickly & to be fair on the "kid", this behaviour is usually drummed in at most sites as absolute taboo, so there was probably a big element of shock & "WTF". 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

it all happened very quickly & to be fair on the "kid", this behaviour is usually drummed in at most sites as absolute taboo, so there was probably a big element of shock & "WTF"

That. Only psychopaths actually go around prepped to flip-out-and-fite-IRL at a moment's notice. Most "fights" are over before half of the participants know that they've even started.

Not that I want to see this at any airsoft site, ever, but the only real interest I have in these handbaggings is how they're resolved.  Back in the day, etc, etc, it would have been sorry-mate-lost-the-rag, handshakes all round, and move on - at least the first time.

Now, especially when caught on camera which makes everybody look bad (witness the excoriation of all three participants here) it's harder to forgive and forget.

Guest Mr. No_Face
5 hours ago, Floperator said:

If you're not an experienced fighter or are caught off guard then sometimes that's the best you can do. What's the alternative, stand toe to toe and get smashed in the face half a dozen times?

I got jumped by 10/12 guys once and turtling after the first punch stopped me from getting punched in the head by seven fists from seven different directions. Got myself into a ball in a corner and protected all the bits that mattered. There were so many of them that they were getting in each others way and couldn't even get the boot in properly.

Walked away with a red cheek and a sore shoulder. Standing up and boxing away like a brave fucking idiot, I would have been smashed to pieces.

You don't need experience and he wasn't caught off guard either. You do not allow the person close at all. If someone is approaching you aggressively, you set a boundary with your arms raised and held forward, as soon as they enter within that range. You either push them back to create distance or strike first.  What you don't do is wait whilst the aggressor closes the distance and allow yourself to be cornered.

Getting jumped outta nowhere by 10/12 guys is different especially if none of the attacker's intentions were made clear. But allowing a guy to walk up on you is a whole different thing. If you do that shit down here in the south, you're gonna walk straight into a headbutt or a sucker punch and it will be justified.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

54 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

You don't need experience and he wasn't caught off guard either. You do not allow the person close at all. If someone is approaching you aggressively, you set a boundary with your arms raised and held forward, as soon as they enter within that range. You either push them back to create distance or strike first.  What you don't do is wait whilst the aggressor closes the distance and allow yourself to be cornered.

Close the gap, get back. Attack!!!!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.