Advice needed - WE Hi Capa issues

Olymer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am in need of some advice as to what I need to purchase/do to resolve an issue with a hi-capa I have.

I have a WE 4.3 OPS Tactical which has gas efficiency issues and after firing off half a magazine, there isn't enough pressure to fully cycle the slide which I assume is causing the disconnector to not be hit and it goes 'full auto' without discharging a BB and just dumping all the gas from the magazine. I have replaced the recoil spring for a weaker spring, and changed the loading nozzle to elimate the potential of any cracks. could you point me in the right direction? Also, if you could advise as to if my RIF is compatible with TM upgrade parts?

Cheers

Edited by Olymer
Spelling mistake

• Olymer changed the title to Advice needed - WE Hi Capa issues

WE's aren't really compatible with TM parts (on hi capa's) due to differences in the slides. 

Have you tried purging the mag though? If you're getting weird behaviour I'd try that if you haven't already.

If it's dumping gas, it means the knocker is sticking forwards so full strip, clean, lube is needed. Possibly the release valve is gummed up? Again, strip, clean, lube.

As annoying as it is as you've already spent your money on it, it's probably best to just write it off and buy a TM.  WE Hi crappas are notorious for being one of the worst models WE have put out.  Trying to sort it would most likely result in throwing money down the toilet.

Edited by hitmanNo2

• Supporters

As has already been pointed out, we's hi-capa is a very poor quality knockoff of the TM, in fact even kjw's version is way better, (I've had all 3), so don't bother throwing more money at it. 

But that's not to say that a thorough strip down, clean, & lube may resurrect it, maybe change any rubber seals that look knackered, or just soak them in some silicon oil, will help them seal. 

• 1 month later...

Quick update on this, I found the valve knocker sear had snapped. Just waiting on a replacement to be sent out and I can see if that solves the issue.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.